`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Topps Dynasty: 3 boxes one was a shocker!

Topps Dynasty: 3 boxes one was a shocker!
Posted this on another site. Stopped by one of the locals where I shop and there was a guy who had busted a case. Hit some nice cards including a beautiful Cal Jr. card that he was showing the store.

While I was there a customer opened one box and hit a great Mike Trout auto patch . Beautiful auto and patch.

Then a guy walks in with a story, his Dad had taken some cards into a card store where he shops in OKC and the owner gave him a pack Dynasty as a gift. He shows us a picture of the card his Dad pulled 1/1 Mike Trout auto patch! For FREE!

I talk with a friend and seeing the Trout pulled at this local, we both believe that would be the case best card so I decided to head over to local number two since local number one only had two packs left from that case. I knew local two had sold out.

Get to local number two and plan on buying some hockey cards. He forgot to order that product. He then tells me he restocked Dynasty.

Do I buy or not?

Pick out a pack and hit this card:

[Image: 12-5-14011.jpg]

Nice card but I don't collect Yount or the Brewers, so the question was do I take the chance and buy one more pack? WILL I DO BETTER?

Make the decision to try one more pack, hoping for something super!

Rip into the pack and what do I see?????

What in the world is THIS???

WHO IS THIS?

[Image: 12-5-14010.jpg]

I don't follow the Pirates and at this point both the store owner and I are about sick~!

What have I done????? I just dropped $350.00 for a Palanco!! What is he doing in this set? He may be the next Roberto, but what?????

The owner did not Palanco either so he asked me hand him the box as he wants to read the guys stats on the back of the card.

Owner takes the Palanco card out and what falls out of the box but this!!!!!!!!!

[Image: 12-5-14012.jpg]

I am so grateful that somebody at Topps wondered what Palanco was doing in this product as well!

I am hoping the Maddux has a Brave patch to go with this card that I pulled out of this years base Topps product.

[Image: GregMaddux.jpg]

On the Palanco pack, basically OUTHOUSE to PENTHOUSE and my heart started beating again.

Paid and went home.

Later I thought I would try one more pack, so I went back to local number two and his this nice card.

First auto of Big Mac, that I have in my collection

[Image: 12-5-14013.jpg]

May be best to stop now on Dynasty.

Good luck on your breaks!

RE: Topps Dynasty: 3 boxes one was a shocker!
Sick cards (well,kinda.....Polanco?) I'd love a shot at the yount if you're trading it. I bet that maddux is going to be insane.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

I wish........ I mean I really wish. I had extra $700 that I could spend on 4 packs of cards.

(12-07-2014, 04:06 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I wish........ I mean I really wish. I had extra $700 that I could spend on 4 packs of cards.

Sadly at our local it is $350 per pack. I only bought three packs, not four.

The Maddux was and extra hit to make up for the Pirate card being so weak a pull, I am guessing?

(12-07-2014, 03:02 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: Sick cards (well,kinda.....Polanco?) I'd love a shot at the yount if you're trading it. I bet that maddux is going to be insane.
I too hope the Maddux will be a super nice Braves patch.

I really wasn't planning on trading if I let it go, more than likely it would be a sale. But I would ask, what you offering.

Also, I don't think I have done any trades on this site since Beckett changed everything a couple of years ago. Any trades I have made have been on two other hobby sites where I am a member

(12-07-2014, 05:01 PM)ronfir Wrote: Sadly at our local it is $350 per pack. I only bought three packs, not four.

The Maddux was and extra hit to make up for the Pirate card being so weak a pull, I am guessing?

I too hope the Maddux will be a super nice Braves patch.

I really wasn't planning on trading if I let it go, more than likely it would be a sale. But I would ask, what you offering.

Also, I don't think I have done any trades on this site since Beckett changed everything a couple of years ago. Any trades I have made have been on two other hobby sites where I am a member
Send me a private message on what you want for Polonco. I like it.

They are nice cards, but I have been watching several star player cards from Dynasty sell for around $100 on eBay. So I would rather buy 3 of them than gamble on a pack. Especially since I have seen quite a few younger players that would annoy me if I spent $350 on a pack and landed them. For the same $350 I could buy Dynasty cards of Longoria, Reggie Jackson, Steve Carlton, and still have enough left over to buy one of the younger players from Dynasty if I really wanted.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-08-2014, 02:35 PM)djohn Wrote: They are nice cards, but I have been watching several star player cards from Dynasty sell for around $100 on eBay. So I would rather buy 3 of them than gamble on a pack. Especially since I have seen quite a few younger players that would annoy me if I spent $350 on a pack and landed them. For the same $350 I could buy Dynasty cards of Longoria, Reggie Jackson, Steve Carlton, and still have enough left over to buy one of the younger players from Dynasty if I really wanted.
You may be able to right now, but the price tags are starting to creep up. Part of the low sales initially was Topps delayed the release by 5 weeks and then released it 2 weeks early. Not everyone knew it was out. Most of these cards are going directly into collectors personal collections. When the feeding frenzy dries up, there wont be a ton of this stuff around. So if your looking to get them cheap, I'd do it now.

Yeah, the redemptions (Maddux, Henderson, Mays and Darvish) come as bonus hits with the rookie guys (Polanco, Wacha, Miller and someone else) but not with Taveras or Springer, which I think makes Taveras the worst hit int he product as he's since passed away.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Dice-K is the worst hit in the product. Sorry. I can't imagine why he's in it.

I bought a box of Dynasty yesterday, and frankly, I would love to hit the Polanco.

(12-08-2014, 04:43 PM)wordsense Wrote: Dice-K is the worst hit in the product. Sorry. I can't imagine why he's in it.

I bought a box of Dynasty yesterday, and frankly, I would love to hit the Polanco.
I have no clue where they came up with that one. His auto's overall have been doing well this year though.