`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Down Again...

Site Down Again...
Been checking in and out all day since 8AM EST, and the Trade Tool and the Organizer are still down.

Does anybody know when they are supposed to be up and running? Or are they going to continue to leave us in the dark?

RE: Site Down Again...
I'm feeling the same way!!! I'm not new to the OPG or Organize, but I am to the trade feature. I found out at about 11 last night that I had 3 trades waiting. One was for 32 of my cards and another was worth about 175.00!!!!! I got up early this morning with the kids so that I could potentially make a couple of blockbuster trades, but Noooooooo. Beckett picked today to do some unannounced maintenance. WTF!!! At least give us a clue. For all we know, this "maintenance" could be because a server crashed and all of our organizers are gone!! At least a little info wouldn't hurt, would it??

I hear ya. Hey, when the trade tool is working again, I'll see if I have anything you can use and vice-a-versa

floydtown has sent in an email to the Admins, but nothing has come back yet. Nobody knew of this one.

Randi

Randi - C'mon really!!!??? Site had been down for 12 hours and nobody knew about it!!!!????? Thats ridiculous and uncalled for!!! Lot of people paying pretty good money to use this site (that was once free back in the day when trading was fun)

I meant in the sense that none of the Mods knew about the site maintenance. I am sure that the Beckett Staff knew, as they are the ones performing it. Haha! Sorry for that confusion.

Randi

I had left a couple other posts. Not sure why they were deleted. Guess I'm on the watch list now
One question in my deleted post was this...what is the trade etiquette for grading cards. For example, I had to cancel a trade because I enter my cards with the default grade (8 or 8.5, one of them) and the guy that wanted to trade had every single card graded at mint. I only deviate the grade for one of two reasons; one, it's obviously not an 8 or 8.5 or two, it is actually graded higher than 8 or 8.5. Am I wrong ? It wouldn't be a fair trade as his cards would be valued more than mine even if they were identical. Any input would be great

Theres a few traders on this site that have all their cards listed as mint, I simply ask them if their cards are graded or not. If they aren't graded and they have them listed as Mint/Mint+ and won't move them to NM/M (which I'm my opinion is pretty much the grade of almost all cards that come out of a box these days, unless its damaged of course) then I just move mine to M/M+ as well. Most of the time they downgrade their cards
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

(10-11-2014, 08:04 PM)Maverick06 Wrote: Theres a few traders on this site that have all their cards listed as mint, I simply ask them if their cards are graded or not. If they aren't graded and they have them listed as Mint/Mint+ and won't move them to NM/M (which I'm my opinion is pretty much the grade of almost all cards that come out of a box these days, unless its damaged of course) then I just move mine to M/M+ as well. Most of the time they downgrade their cards
Agreed. If they aren't graded then they have no business being listed higher than the 8.5.

To the original topic, why is it that the trade feature has to have 'maintenance' on a Saturday of a long weekend? You know, when most people have time off and are home...
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

FWIW, some of us set up our cards a few years ago and they all were set at the default of mint. I'm not about to go in and change 30,000 cards. The math isn't that difficult to compute if you really want to do a trade.