`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What if it was 1987..... is that a better title??

RE: What if it was 1987..... is that a better title??
(09-16-2014, 05:51 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yuccch, that powder blue is like ... gross. But someone told me that since some cards come out before others that Donruss and Fleer rookies are the real first rookie card and Topps sometimes isn't. I think that's just Donruss and Fleer fans being jealous of Topps. Anyway, make sure to buy Topps traded. Last years set had some really great rookie cards (Barry Bonds!). This year's will probably be the best set ever!

Don't forget about that 86 traded card of Will the thrill.

I agree about the 87 set. Lots of young power hitters..... I see homerun records falling in a few years.

The impressive thing is the power the possess having such small frames.

Don't sleep on Dave Magadan either.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

Fleer and Donruss are jealous because Topps is The Real One. No false advertising there. And at least you get gum from Topps. Someone mentioned something about an insert. I guess they mean how Fleer has sticker inserts for basketball. I hope that doesn't become a trend. Things are bad enough with 3 brands and all their little mini sets. Next, they'll want to find a way to screw up rookie cards. They'll probably want to short print them and jack up the pack price. There should be just as many Will Clarks as Nolan Ryans

Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Who started the insert mania?

I remember Fleer used to have those provision cards inserted back in the early 90's.

Upperdeck had a few random inserted cards as well. Tom Selleck, Michael Jordan ect.....

Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

Topps was doing inserts way back in the 60s with 1965 Topps Embossed, 1968 Deckle Edge, 1970 Story booklets and mini posters. Plus they did stickers and tattoos way back in the 60s.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Dave Magadan. Future star! That's all I gotta say haha.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(09-16-2014, 03:31 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Who started the insert mania?

I remember Fleer used to have those provision cards inserted back in the early 90's.

Upperdeck had a few random inserted cards as well. Tom Selleck, Michael Jordan ect.....
The first really popular insert set I remember was the '92 Fleer Rookie Sensations. At the time that it came out, the Frank Thomas was selling for around $50-$60. I remember the 92 Fleer jumbo packs selling for around $7. When it came out, a friend of mine was debating between purchasing the Rookie Sensation or 90 Leaf Thomas at a show. He got caught up in the insert hype and bought the Rookie Sensation.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.