`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What if it was 1987..... is that a better title??

What if it was 1987..... is that a better title??
Wouldn't it be great to see posts like this??

So I stopped by my LCS on the way home today to get a box of the new Topps. I couldn't wait to get home and rip it to try and get some of the new RC cards!!

Anyway here were the results. Not real happy that I didn't get a Bonds but did pull some great cards!!

[Image: IMG-2.jpg]

All will be FT except the McGwire. Thinking of starting a PC. I think he has a lot of up side!!

On a side note, NEVER eat 27 year old gum..... Wow it was bad!!

I remember wanting to pull Greenwell.... Haha
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

RE: What if the internet was around 27 years ago??
Awesome cards!. I pulled a Cal also and it's one of the 8 cards I ever got graded! (Got a 9...awesome!) PCing McGuire is a great idea....thinking he may one day break the Maris record. However the centering on that card is really bad so I'd see if I could move that one. That Bo is nice also. Congrats on the Roses'...def FHOF! Alot of folks really like the '87's Topps, I however don't like the grain border. Here's hoping they come out with different bordered cards in a set...let's call em parallels. Let me know if you have any Schmidts or Samule's you'd like to trade. Also, you getting any of the Stickers? Great break and thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

LMK if you start a McGwire PC, I don't have any RC's, but I do have plenty of inserts, some SLU's, and a commemorative St. Louis Post Dispatch of the 62 homeruns
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

The internet was around 27 years ago!

(09-08-2014, 08:21 PM)cardsfan73 Wrote: The internet was around 27 years ago!
He ment the other 27 years ago......

jk........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Ok poorly worded title I guess. I didnt even know what the internet was in 87
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

This is awesome..... Well done bearcat and nice follow up Joe.

The fact that this is 27 years old is....tough to swallow hah. Yeah I had the gum last year I believe.. was nasty and pretty much disintegrated as soon as it went into my mouth.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

RE: What if it was 1987..... is that a better title??
I wish I had the job I have now.

RE: What if it was 1987..... is that a better title??
Great thread! The first wax packs I ever bought were 1987 Topps from the neighborhood convenience store. I thought the wood grain borders were pretty sweet but, alas, I held my stack together with a rubber band and that was all she wrote!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's