`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yard Sale Buyout

Yard Sale Buyout
My wife was scanning a local facebook yardsale group and came across a yard sale that looked like they had cards for sale. We were out of town when the sale was going on so we asked if there were cards and if so if we could stop by today and take a look. Well turns out it was a 70 year old guy just wanted to get rid of everything. The reason the cards didn't sell at the yard sale was because he didn't want to part anything out and just wanted to get rid of everything. So I showed up today to take a look and like I expected I saw quite a bit of early 90s stuff that I knew was worthless and that more than likely he would want a ridiculous price on. I browsed a little more and found a box that he had marked as 1960s, 70s, and 80s. I took a quick look and saw some pretty good names. I made an offer on that box and he immediately knew that I knew what I was doing when it came to cards. He came back with the comment that once that box was gone then there really wouldn't be much left value wise. I agreed and decided to just ask how much he wanted for everything. $300 later, this is what I now have in my dining room....

[Image: 20140830_143042_zps36ebff19.jpg]

Wish me luck on finding some goodies!

RE: Yard Sale Buyout
Wishing you Luck!!
Mostly football and a set builder

Well I'm only about 30 min into it and these 70s cards are in pretty good shape. I've found probably about 25 $15-$30 bv cards already. Found a really nice 1974 Topps Nolan Ryan card with amazing corners, but it's off center quite a bit. This one row of vintage cards is already well worth the buy.

I just did the same thing on Tuesday. I should have taken a picture of the collection I picked up. So far mine has been WELL worth it. Best of luck.

Just made a folder in my organize labeled Vintage Baseball PC...I only have 22 cards added so far and already have a total BV over $600.

Have fun and good luck!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Though I doubt he considered it trash lol. I just wanted to throw that adage out there.

Good luck man!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Have fun. These projects always take longer than expected. I'm in the middle of one now. I picked up a lot of a few thousand cards before Summer and have been slowly plugging away at them, sliding them into my org.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on any Whitey Ford you find