`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love poorly worded auction titles...UPDATE

RE: I love poorly worded auction titles
Look for mispelled last names and first names you will be suprised at what you can get cheap
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Nice find, gotta love people not paying attention.
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]

(08-27-2014, 08:49 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Look for mispelled last names and first names you will be suprised at what you can get cheap
Yea, I have a couple saved searches specifically for misspellings of certain players. It amazes me that someone can misspell a name the is written right on the card they are selling.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

To avoid errors..I cut and paste from Beckett..they do not make mistakes in listings....(clearing throat)

(08-27-2014, 11:16 AM)djohn Wrote: Yea, I have a couple saved searches specifically for misspellings of certain players. It amazes me that someone can misspell a name the is written right on the card they are selling.

Yea I agree with this. One of my favorites to look for is Ryne Sandberg. A lot of people will spell it Ryan Sandberg not realizing the spelling is different. I have picked up a few nice cards of his on the cheap because of that.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

My best was a Felix Hernandez Bazooka back mini for $.06, all because they missed one N from his last name
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Y'all are lucky; no one misspells my PC player's name.
At least not for Beckett Graded cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-27-2014, 02:51 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Y'all are lucky; no one misspells my PC player's name.
Yeah, it's pretty tough to mess up Nolan's name, such an iconic ball player every knows who he is even if you aren't baseball savvy
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(08-27-2014, 02:54 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Yeah, it's pretty tough to mess up Nolan's name, such an iconic ball player every knows who he is even if you aren't baseball savvy
Sometimes when I'm typing, I accidently type "Nolkan" instead of "Nolan". So I've tried that, to no avail.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-27-2014, 03:26 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Sometimes when I'm typing, I accidently type "Nolkan" instead of "Nolan". So I've tried that, to no avail.
I have seen a few over the years spelled as Nollan. Try that
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]