`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Have you actually met the player/players you PC???

RE: Have you actually met the player/players you PC???
(08-11-2014, 07:16 PM)jjoy Wrote: I got Tom Landry's autograph when I was a kid which was awesome to me. It was a long line so I didnt really get to talk to him or anything. Met Bill Bates and he was the nicest guy. I have met Duane Thomas in 1999 and he was real nice to me but still seemed bitter about his NFL days. I met Chad Hennings at his church in the Dallas/Fort Worth suburbs and he was funny and very engaging. I met the late John Ayers who guarded Joe Montana on the O-line when I was a kid. Very nice guy. I would love to meet Emmitt, Staubach, Montana and Tim Duncan.
Tim Duncan was a regular customer of mine back in the day when I was managing a EB Games back in San Antonio... Used to close the store down so he could shop in peace...Smile real nice dude, and very down to earth... Very generous too... Always buying his relatives games, systems etc, and always took the time to talk to me and my associates...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(08-11-2014, 07:16 PM)jjoy Wrote: I got Tom Landry's autograph when I was a kid which was awesome to me.
Uh...that's AEWSOME TO ME!!!! And I'm not even a Cowboy's fan.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

(08-11-2014, 09:03 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Tim Duncan was a regular customer of mine back in the day when I was managing a EB Games back in San Antonio... Used to close the store down so he could shop in peace...Smile real nice dude, and very down to earth... Very generous too... Always buying his relatives games, systems etc, and always took the time to talk to me and my associates...
That's a great story about him. I have never heard really any bad things about Tim Duncan.

Yes, I used to be a weekend dealer and met several Niners, Michael Carter, 'The Catch' Dwight Clark, Eric Wright, Keena Turner, Ronnie Lott, Bubba Paris, Roger Craig, Steve Wallace and of course Jerry Rice. I even had Jerry over for dinner to surprize my wife for her 50th birthday. At the ballgames, they used to have a bbq where you could meet lots of older players too. I got lots of autos there as well. I have a picture of that if any want to see it.
Mostly football and a set builder

I talk to Colbert every once in a while, I actually use him as my expert when buying game used items.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

It'd be cool to see Smile

(08-12-2014, 06:58 PM)bbniner80 Wrote: Yes, I used to be a weekend dealer and met several Niners, Michael Carter, 'The Catch' Dwight Clark, Eric Wright, Keena Turner, Ronnie Lott, Bubba Paris, Roger Craig, Steve Wallace and of course Jerry Rice. I even had Jerry over for dinner to surprize my wife for her 50th birthday. At the ballgames, they used to have a bbq where you could meet lots of older players too. I got lots of autos there as well. I have a picture of that if any want to see it.

That's awesome!

(08-12-2014, 11:32 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I talk to Colbert every once in a while, I actually use him as my expert when buying game used items.

Ok, I am not sure how to post a picture.
Mostly football and a set builder

Most people either upload photos to photobucket or a site like that, and then paste them here. I'm not real tech savvy, so maybe there's another way?

(08-13-2014, 01:06 AM)bbniner80 Wrote: Ok, I am not sure how to post a picture.

(08-12-2014, 11:56 PM)savagenate Wrote: It'd be cool to see Smile

That's awesome!
Yeah I had his phone number on my old phone and would send him pictures of my collection. Really cool dude. He actually saved me one time when I was going to buy a pair of game used gloves. He said that he had never even seen the pair, so obviously he never wore them.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I got to meet Tom Brady at a show in Atlantic City in 2002. It was the year after he won his first SB. He was the nicest guy. Spoke for few mins and took a pic(have since then lost the pic). The best story from the encounter was that I was wearing a personalized Pats jersey with the number 15 and Tom asked who 15 was. I said I picked the number and he said "oh good, thought I forgot a teammate". Thought it was kinda funny.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics