`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Have you actually met the player/players you PC???

Have you actually met the player/players you PC???
Have you guys actually met the player or players you PC??? Do you want to meet them??? What got you started collecting them??? Any reason why you chose them??? Will you continue to collect them if they change teams, root for them on their new team, or stick to their old team???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

RE: Have you actually met the player/players you PC???
Wish I could've met a few...wish I could've played with a few as well :p Some are underdogs, I love the stories of the late round, or undrafted guys like Vontaze Burfict, and the unsung guys like Jordy Nelson (at least until recently). I've always enjoyed watching the tough running backs, like Lynch and now Lacy. I think, provided they don't act like divas *cough* Favre *cough* when they leave or change teams, I'd still collect them. I'll ONLY collect Favre as a Packer.
Other guys I like are mostly Badgers. Never paid much attention to NCAA, except when pondering college, until 2011 (?) when Montee Ball set the TD records, and I became a Badger fan. Abbrederis is a guy I am adding to my PC as he is hometown born, schooled, and drafted. Can't get much better than that! Too bad he won't play this year...

I have not met Trufant, i have met his grandmother though through my old job. I got started on collecting him just based on the fact that we are from the same city so he grew up not too far from me so it is fun to follow his career. When he does come back in to town and does an appearance, i will definietly be there. I will also root for him no matter what team he goes to. Im not a Falcons fan anyways lol (go Chiefs!)
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I have never met Mike Alstott but would really like to. And since he is retired I reckon that I will stick with him regardless of where he goes. I started collecting Alstott because he was an animal. It was always a thrill watching him drag defenders down the field or simply plowing over them...like some kind of raging bull on the gridiron. I like that!

My other PC player is Jake PLummer, also retired. I added him because he was always a fun guy to watch, and whose cards were affordable. That's it. Don't really care if I ever meet him.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

Brees came to my town for a book signing in the middle of the summer. The line was outside and worse than anything I've seen at Disney, so I didn't get in the line for health reasons.

I PC a lot of Saints players and have met a few: Pierre Thomas, Joe Horn, Michael Lewis, Devery Henderson and a few smaller players that I have a hard time finding stuff for.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Yes! Have met Jim Leonhard a few times. Jim's uncle was my High School and American Legion baseball coach and his dad was my high school basketball coach. When Jim started out his career with the Buffalo Bills, he would actually come and participate in basketball practice with with us during winter break, which was really cool.

Some of my PC items are actually currently on display at our county museum along with items of his that are on loan from him and his parents including his high school jersey and 3 of his Wisconsin Badgers Bowl Game jerseys. Some real awesome stuff! I'll be sure to get some pictures and post them!

I'd collect him no matter what. Unfortunately, he doesn't have many cards so I got the custom figures and focus on game worn items. He came into the league before the companies got big into putting autos of undrafted rookies into every set otherwise he might have a few more. One card I really wish had been made was a Contenders Auto in his rookie year of 2005. I suppose playing a different position would have helped in that too. I would think though that he would have gotten something in an Upper Deck college set by now, being that he left Wisconsin tied for most interceptions in team history and as a 3 Time All American with the Big Ten Conference career punt return yardage record with 1,347 yards as well as most interceptions in a season with 11, which says a lot when you look at some of the athletes and Heisman Trophy winners to come out of the Big Ten. Add to that he has managed to have a 10 year career despite going undrafted and being what most would consider undersized at his position (5'8" & 188 lbs.) Oh well, here's to hoping.

[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

being a Ram fan since the 60's, i havnt had too many seasons to crow about. i've always collected the team though not any particular player until 1999 when i started to PC kurt warner and marshall faulk. met marshall at a celeb dinner, had a great conversation and got 3 RC'S auto'd and my SB34 hat as well. havnt met kurt yet but some day...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

I actually got to meet Reggie White at a football camp in Dayton, Ohio in 1994 (I think it was). I can remember being extremely overwhelmed by how large of a person he was! Was a very cool guy. We were split into our positions and a pro would show us the techniques that they would use, and then the OL would go up against the DL, and even though I was in the OL group he was giving us pointers on how to counter the moves he was showing his DL guys! He had just signed with the Packers the year before and that cemented him into the spot of one of my favorite players of all time Smile

Some great stories guys !!! Thanks for sharing
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I got Tom Landry's autograph when I was a kid which was awesome to me. It was a long line so I didnt really get to talk to him or anything. Met Bill Bates and he was the nicest guy. I have met Duane Thomas in 1999 and he was real nice to me but still seemed bitter about his NFL days. I met Chad Hennings at his church in the Dallas/Fort Worth suburbs and he was funny and very engaging. I met the late John Ayers who guarded Joe Montana on the O-line when I was a kid. Very nice guy. I would love to meet Emmitt, Staubach, Montana and Tim Duncan.