`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleaaaase Stop Listing Your Cards As Mint!!

RE: Pleaaaase Stop Listing Your Cards As Mint!!
"Sure it's mint. Taste it."
Appearance over book value. I've seen some real high-end doozies....

I always mark my cards as 8.5+ whichever one that is but I know it's not Mint.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(08-10-2014, 04:19 PM)slufan83 Wrote: If you mark a card as mint you are indicating that your card is graded mint or you feel as though you are a professional card grader and that your cards are better than someone else's. This is getting annoying. I just got a trade offer for about 6 cards of mine that booked for $5-$25 each. The other guy wanted to trade me like 70 early 90s cards that he had listed as mint. This person even had well over 200 feedback and should know better. I'm seeing this more often....what gives guys??
Seems to me you are making a pretty broad statement in saying that if a card is listed as mint you are indicating it is graded mint or you think you are a professional grader. I have cards listed as mint but I go by Beckett's grading description. If I have cards that meet their criteria of mint, then that is how I list it. It's not a matter of thinking my cards are better than someone else's. It's what I see based on what grading companies look for. Are you qualified to say it is not mint? Are you a professional? Any grade is strictly the opinion of the grader. We have all read on here where a card gets graded 8.5 and someone gets it re-graded and gets the mint grade.

It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

(08-11-2014, 04:59 PM)baseballmason Wrote: Seems to me you are making a pretty broad statement in saying that if a card is listed as mint you are indicating it is graded mint or you think you are a professional grader. I have cards listed as mint but I go by Beckett's grading description. If I have cards that meet their criteria of mint, then that is how I list it. It's not a matter of thinking my cards are better than someone else's. It's what I see based on what grading companies look for. Are you qualified to say it is not mint? Are you a professional? Any grade is strictly the opinion of the grader. We have all read on here where a card gets graded 8.5 and someone gets it re-graded and gets the mint grade.
I'm not qualified to say my card is mint or not mint. My cards are raw which by default here is NmMt. If I see a card that someone has changed higher than the raw card grade then I assume the card is graded. Like you said, a non graded card goes by the opinion of who has the card. Your definition of mint may not be my definition of mint....which means in order to make it a fair playing field the default raw score should be used. My original statement was not broad at all. I deal fairly and don't over value my cards just because I "think" my raw card is better than what it really is.....which is the raw score unless proven otherwise by a grading company.

(08-11-2014, 05:22 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I'm not qualified to say my card is mint or not mint. My cards are raw which by default here is NmMt. If I see a card that someone has changed higher than the raw card grade then I assume the card is graded. Like you said, a non graded card goes by the opinion of who has the card. Your definition of mint may not be my definition of mint....which means in order to make it a fair playing field the default raw score should be used. My original statement was not broad at all. I deal fairly and don't over value my cards just because I "think" my raw card is better than what it really is.....which is the raw score unless proven otherwise by a grading company.
+1

Well said
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(08-11-2014, 05:22 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I'm not qualified to say my card is mint or not mint. My cards are raw which by default here is NmMt. If I see a card that someone has changed higher than the raw card grade then I assume the card is graded. Like you said, a non graded card goes by the opinion of who has the card. Your definition of mint may not be my definition of mint....which means in order to make it a fair playing field the default raw score should be used. My original statement was not broad at all. I deal fairly and don't over value my cards just because I "think" my raw card is better than what it really is.....which is the raw score unless proven otherwise by a grading company.
I understand and appreciate your statement. I think we agree the level of a grade is strictly an opinion and I understand leveling the playing field. My comment on your statement being broad was more based on you saying that someone is indicating graded if they say mint. In your comment above you say you assume it is graded. It's all good. I think this is why I generally just read the posts and don't comment. I've also never traded although I have been giving it some thought as I would like to move some new product for vintage. Anyway, Go Cards...My two sons and I will be sitting three rows back in dugout box this Saturday!

It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

(08-11-2014, 05:45 PM)baseballmason Wrote: I understand and appreciate your statement. I think we agree the level of a grade is strictly an opinion and I understand leveling the playing field. My comment on your statement being broad was more based on you saying that someone is indicating graded if they say mint. In your comment above you say you assume it is graded. It's all good. I think this is why I generally just read the posts and don't comment. I've also never traded although I have been giving it some thought as I would like to move some new product for vintage. Anyway, Go Cards...My two sons and I will be sitting three rows back in dugout box this Saturday!
Oh I gotcha. Yeah I guess it can be taken that way. Like some said, the system can be screwy sometimes and just makes your card mint when it is added.

Have fun at the game though. I'll be in Belleville that day to hit up a flea market and then I have a wedding to go to that afternoon. I'm thinking of going to the game Friday for the Carpenter bobble-head though.