`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleaaaase Stop Listing Your Cards As Mint!!

Pleaaaase Stop Listing Your Cards As Mint!!
If you mark a card as mint you are indicating that your card is graded mint or you feel as though you are a professional card grader and that your cards are better than someone else's. This is getting annoying. I just got a trade offer for about 6 cards of mine that booked for $5-$25 each. The other guy wanted to trade me like 70 early 90s cards that he had listed as mint. This person even had well over 200 feedback and should know better. I'm seeing this more often....what gives guys??

RE: Pleaaaase Stop Listing Your Cards As Mint!!
(08-10-2014, 04:19 PM)slufan83 Wrote: If you mark a card as mint you are indicating that your card is graded mint or you feel as though you are a professional card grader and that your cards are better than someone else's. This is getting annoying. I just got a trade offer for about 6 cards of mine that booked for $5-$25 each. The other guy wanted to trade me like 70 early 90s cards that he had listed as mint. This person even had well over 200 feedback and should know better. I'm seeing this more often....what gives guys??

I'm not here to argue but I feel like you should be able to list some card as mint. Only if it's in mint condition. But not your whole organize. That's just people trying to bump prices.

When I see mint its either graded or a card that they don't want to trade very much. If you mark it mint and its not graded and they send it into beckett what then?

I agree! NM/MT is the standard trading condition unless the cards are graded. If it were mint then the default setting would be mint. I see quite a few people are here who mark their cards mint and those cards happen to be their "best" cards. Price bumps indeed!

When I get a trade from people like that, I purposely change my condition to mint to counteract.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Some of the first cards I loaded ended up as mint and didn't realize it but that should be corrected now. If I'm trading and someone has something marked mint I like I ask if its graded and if not if they could move it to near mint.

I think most people put mint if they want more than bv for the card and just don't want to say it

The guy that sent me a trade offer earlier today added cards that he wanted from me and went ahead and filled in the same value of cards on my side as well. However, he had himself getting 6 cards from me that totaled $70 in BV, and had me getting over 60 cards from him that totaled the same only he had my side filled with cheap 90s base cards that he had all listed as mint. I try to be understanding in every circumstance, but I'm just clueless with this offer.

I'm new here and haven't traded with anyone yet but wouldn't it be standard protocol to get detailed pictures of the cards you're trading for?
I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

(08-10-2014, 06:11 PM)jwhuckfeldt Wrote: I'm new here and haven't traded with anyone yet but wouldn't it be standard protocol to get detailed pictures of the cards you're trading for?
Normally I don't request a scan for every card I'm trading for since I trade for a lot of base here since I'm a Cardinals team collector and collect all cards. But I sometimes want to see scans if trading for a high end card. But for the most part, I think people have enough sense to know not to trade a card that is damaged (although it has happened). However, if a card is ungraded it should be listed at a raw grade which is NmMt (8). Nothing should be listed as a higher grade than that unless it is graded and slabbed. Vintage is a whole other story since obviously a card with worn corners shouldn't be listed as NmMt either. There are just some people out there who like to over value their cards. Some might not like to say it because they don't want to offend people, but I don't really care....there just are some people out there that think their cards are better than other people's for no reason other than the fact that they think so. You can spot these types of people from a mile away and I just choose not to deal with them.

I agree, It seems to be new members. I just had a trade request where nearly every card they had was listed as mint.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

I agree except with the '84's and older. A nrmt (8) is allowed a soft corner and I do not want any in my sets so I list my for trades as mint and say so in any trade that they are not graded. Also, the cards have no wax or gum stains and no extreme centering as well. Again, this only applys to my '84 and older base cards.
Also note it says I am a new member but I joined in July of 1999!! What is a Senior member?
Mostly football and a set builder