`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Looks like these boards are dieing off. Sad

Looks like these boards are dieing off. Sad
Greed has gotten in the way. Miss how the boards used to be.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

RE: Looks like these boards are dieing off. Sad
i agree..i am looking to trade..but have had only a few offers..and tons of looks..
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

I think last years terrible draft class kind of hurt things
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

(07-26-2014, 04:50 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: I think last years terrible draft class kind of hurt things
Could be that I guess, never really thought about it that way.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

many of us still lurk, but don't participate as often as we could .....

seems like many are just into "flipping" nowadays, the culture has changed significantly here the past few years, and the true set/PC collectors have passed on.

miss the ol' days, but our friends and "extended family" are still out there Smile

(07-26-2014, 07:27 PM)pbean Wrote: many of us still lurk, but don't participate as often as we could .....

seems like many are just into "flipping" nowadays, the culture has changed significantly here the past few years, and the true set/PC collectors have passed on.

miss the ol' days, but our friends and "extended family" are still out there Smile
Glad to hear it. Some days I come look and the same five threads are still on the first page of the forum. I do a few trades hear and there, but I think many left due to the $.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

Yea, it does seem to be the same threads over and over. $ does hurt. I know I've been buying less but want to trade just as much. Just don't have the constant trade ammo reloads I used to. There's probably a lot of people in that boat. I'm still able to squeeze a trade or 2 every few weeks. But not even close to my first few years on the boards. It was a few a week! But, you never know, could see an uptick soon with the popular RC class this year!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(07-26-2014, 07:42 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: Glad to hear it. Some days I come look and the same five threads are still on the first page of the forum. I do a few trades hear and there, but I think many left due to the $.
trust me with many $$$ was not the problem Wink

there's a multitude of reasons why many don't play as much as they did ..... but they still drop by every once in a while .....

as I said, the boards have changed ..... maybe it's time the "clique" came back Wink

(07-26-2014, 04:50 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: I think last years terrible draft class kind of hurt things
I understand your point but respectfully disagree. One bad draft class will not suck the life out of a hobby that was around before we were born. I would put greed at the top of a laundry list of contributing factors. Everybody thinks they have a treasure, and regardless of the fact that they bought it yesterday for $3, they believe they can flip it tomorrow for $30. Add that in with the economy, the cost of cards these days, etc. and it all adds up to a weakened hobby.

In regards to trading, I have never really understood it. I have certainly made trades in the past, but to spend my money on "trade bait"--i.e. something I never intended to keep--or $200 busting packs...that does not compute for me. Why not hold on to the money and just buy what I want. Nearly 100% of the cards I traded were left over from lots I purchased. In fact, I still have most of the cards from when I first got focused in the hobby back around '97 because they were cards I bought with the intention of keeping. I know people love to trade, and I will cheer them on and enjoy seeing what they get, but again, I just don't get it.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, and unfortunately I havent gotten a lot except PC stuff. I had a hard time getting things straight with the PO, and now that it's done, I'm going to try to put some stuff up for trade. I have Saints season coming up too, so I'm gonna be short on time. I am glad to see people still around though. I havent stopped collecting, just running out of time
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]