RE: Looks like these boards are dieing off. Sad
I never liked the whole post count thing
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I like the Packers friends I have made on here.
And other traders too. I remember I wanted to put a face to the names I read every day..... so I made a thread.... pretty good turn out of faces on there. ..
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

(07-29-2014, 04:34 AM)pbean Wrote: no "keyboard heroes" posted on this thread, just good folk stating the honest facts. Smile

you do not know how many truly great relationships and friendships were forged here over the years.

"One group" did not cause this forum to fall apart (crooks, scammers, tools, and thieves do that), but "one group" can definitely help revive it Wink
^^ What he said. Many of us have been members here long before the years next to our names. I had an account in 1999, but it was lost in the many transitions Beckett has gone through.

There was a solid core of 15-20 of us that ran these boards nightly--commented on everything, traded with most everyone, showed our PC's, enjoyed getting to know one another. Almost all of us have moved elsewhere where we're doing similar things on other sites. Some have just moved on period. However, yes, we could revive these pages if we wanted to...at least make stuff move off the first page in under an hour with legit posts and conversations. Unfortunately, we're not that interested in doing it again at this point.

I'll also add that a part of the reason I left Beckett is the attitude of the newbies (older and younger members fit in this category). Take some time to look around and acquaint yourself with the members, the threads, and the collections before just spouting off that your collection is the best one ever made. Maybe it's just the way of the younger generation, but it always makes me laugh. Get a grip on yourselves...there's always a bigger, better, badder PC than the 25 (or 2500) cards you just showed me. Humble yourself and we'll all play together nicely.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-30-2014, 04:37 PM)floydtown Wrote: I updated some accounts
Awesome...# of posts is weak for declaring the most Sr. Members. I think it should go by # of successful trades and rating. Not to brag (ok, I am..) but I have over 300 successful trades with still a 5 star rating.

(07-31-2014, 12:05 AM)usafshelland Wrote: Awesome...# of posts is weak for declaring the most Sr. Members. I think it should go by # of successful trades and rating. Not to brag (ok, I am..) but I have over 300 successful trades with still a 5 star rating.
Then you would be bumped back to junior member hahaha just kidding lol I have 437 trades so that works for me too lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(07-31-2014, 12:05 AM)usafshelland Wrote: Awesome...# of posts is weak for declaring the most Sr. Members. I think it should go by # of successful trades and rating. Not to brag (ok, I am..) but I have over 300 successful trades with still a 5 star rating.
Totally agree with you. I created my account in 2011, but just started trading this year. So far, I'm averaging about 10 trades per month, all with 5 star ratings! I'm always checking the boards looking for trades, from base cards to mid-high end. No trade is too small for me. I love this hobby, and don't think I'll ever give it up. Looking forward to more trades and getting to know all of you.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE