`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing mail day - January 26 edition
Your boy berrios seems legit. I have a few kohl stewart and Meyers stashed away as well. If even half of your talent pans out, you guys will be good
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(01-27-2015, 08:44 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Your boy berrios seems legit. I have a few kohl stewart and Meyers stashed away as well. If even half of your talent pans out, you guys will be good
Yeah, they've done a good job of accumulating talent. I'm guessing they'll have six of the Top-100 consensus prospects this year - Buxton, Sano, Berrios, Stewart, Gordon and Meyer (possibly in that order).

Then there's also Trevor May (likely 5th starter), Jorge Polano (jumped from High A to MLB for a cup of coffee mid-season), Lewis Thorpe and Eddie Rosario, who all could make a legitimate claim to belong on that list as well.

The place where they might be the strongest in terms of prospects though is bullpen. They've done a really good job of drafting power arms that should move quick.

There's talk that Nick Burdi could be up by mid-season - I watched him pitch in the College World Series and he is filthy. Jake Reed and Zach Jones were dominant in two regular season stops and Arizona Fall League; and Mason Melotakis came back from TJ surgery stronger than ever from the left hand side. Throw in some young guys that probably won't stick as starters and you've got some good stuff there.

Heck, the two guys I'm most excited about rank as their 13th (Stephen Gonsalves) and 20th (Max Kepler) best prospects.

They had a nice "first wave" (as the marketing department called them) come through last year with Arcia, Vargas and Santana. But there could be several more coming through.

Like you said, if even half of them pan out - or can be moved for veteran pieces - the future is pretty bright.

It's taken a long time, but I'm starting to see light at the end of the losing tunnel.
Kepler

(01-27-2015, 01:20 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm not sure if they will or not. I sure hope they are. But it depends on how well they bounce back from the injuries. And how close to contention/relevance the team is. If they're completely out of it, they may wait to start arbitration clocks a year. At least with Buxton, since he doesn't have to be added to the 40-man yet.

If they're "in it" or at least close, they might bring them up just to prove their dedication to the fanbase. Or if there are enough injuries like last year when they were forced to give Santana, Polanco and Vargas a chance.

Good luck with the Trout auto. That would be a pretty sweet get, although I'm not sure how easy a task it'll be.
It's hard to get close to him, and he always signs for kids first, and I get that. I bumped into Weaver and Wilson walking back from the practice fields, and nobody was around. It was great, and my wife who is a Long Beach State Alum, was super goofy around the former great Dirt Bagger (Weaver).

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

Fun little mail day today - some more Twins color and some Trout for my PC (and GQ set) the Cederoths are /50 and /15 and the Buxton /50:
[Image: 20150127_205655_zpsjul5gv6n.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing mail day - Jan. 27 update
Last couple of days has been mostly set filler, but I did manage to bring these three in for my various PCS:

Buxton /25, Rosario /50:
[Image: 20150130_204300_zps5loxm8rf.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing mail day - Jan. 30 update
Pretty slow mail weekend at my place, although I got a little color and managed to land the auto from a retail repack. Thorpe is /15, Jorge /25, black shimmer and a couple base refractors.

[Image: 20150202_215301_zps8wyevtbb.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing mail day - Feb. 2 update
Got this today.
[Image: 6278F9BF-50B4-458C-A0F5-64D61594E5EB_zpsla2apgfr.jpg]

jared you saw what my royals did this year. the bullpen was filthy when it came the 7th. itll be even better this year if they keep finnegan up and not send him back down to develop in to a starter.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

A small but fruitful day today. The Kepler gives 2 of the 4 unautographed plates and the Berrios is the fantastic Ebay 1 of 1 ... that's right 1/20. That, what, quintuples the value?

[Image: 20150203_202728_zps9khbbphc.jpg]
Kepler

RE: A little Tuesday (Feb. 3) Funday ... doesn't have much of a ring to it
Very nice! Even a slow mail day is better than no mail day!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.