`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY
It's a shame they treated you that way. My LCS owner is super selective in what he buys and people bring stuff in all the time. He is always very respectful and looks through all the cards and comments on them and such. Really classy guy, unlike the a-hole you had to deal with.

Regardless of what you had to sell there is no reason to be treated in such a way. A simple no thank you would have sufficed, and probably kept you coming back as a potential customer. Now if you ever buy cards from an LCS it won't be his!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

He left out that the owner tried several times to explain to him that they were not interested in buying the cards, and that he would not leave the store, and the owner had to call police because he would not leave the store

(07-22-2014, 06:10 AM)fjf31970 Wrote: He left out that the owner tried several times to explain to him that they were not interested in buying the cards, and that he would not leave the store, and the owner had to call police because he would not leave the store
Wow..that is a different story all together!!

(07-22-2014, 06:50 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Wow..that is a different story all together!!
there is always another side to the story. Can't pass judgement on the card shop till you hear the otherside. If he did call him a jew, that was wrong, but the poster is not innocent at all either.

(07-22-2014, 06:10 AM)fjf31970 Wrote: He left out that the owner tried several times to explain to him that they were not interested in buying the cards, and that he would not leave the store, and the owner had to call police because he would not leave the store
And you know this how? I'm just curious.
Kepler

(07-22-2014, 08:08 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: And you know this how? I'm just curious.
From the store owner!!

(07-22-2014, 08:13 AM)fjf31970 Wrote: From the store owner!!
Fair enough. Thanks.
Kepler

The whole "I began to tell the owner what they were worth" part seemed fishy.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(07-21-2014, 07:40 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Funny how people seem more interested in what my cards are worth then what the guy actually said to me. I was willing to come off the $75 but never got a counteroffer.
As I said earlier, the young guy got halfway through the cards before telling me he wasn't interested. The older guy had shown interest. I believe the young guy had made up his mind by the time I walked in the door.
I guess if you like baseball card stores that don't like Jews this is your place.
"Ach de Lieber! Finally, A card shoppe I can call my home away from home!"
As quoted in "Erkenntnis und Propaganda," Signale der neuen Zeit. 25 ausgewählte Reden von Dr. Joseph Goebbels

But seriously folks .....
Not taking sides here but .... A card shop is NOT obligated to buy your cards, nor make a counteroffer to you. No matter how things escalated, there's never a need to resort to name calling. Why not just chalk this up to a bad day for both sides and call it quits?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

In all seriousness and this isn't directed at anybody, but WHY do people see one thing on the internet STILL and just take it at face value as truth? Does anybody even think anymore to step back and ask to see both sides of the story? While the Jewish comment was obviously wrong, did anybody stop to wonder what led to the guy saying it in the first place? If it was even said at all? I'd bet everything I own that we are seeing about 10% of the story in totality. Why people are still so gullible these days is beyond me.