`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY
(07-20-2014, 02:12 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Hey Phillies Joe, not sure why my credibility is taken to task as I have never accused somebody of using a racial epithet against me since I was in high school (which was many years ago).

I actually do intend to contact the Anti-Defamation League and some other organizations. What is the BBB? The cards I had included more than a dozen autographs, half a dozen Noah Syndergaard cards, Andrew McCutchen AFLAC RC, Zach Wheeler autograph and that's just off the top of my head. I am not sure why it even matters what cards I had.

The point is that after trying to sell my cards, I was told to bring them back to Wal Mart and not to come back to the store. At which point I told him I would never come back to his store in a million years and as I am walking out I get the racial epithet.

The interesting thing really is that the younger guy (I reference the long hair to separate him from his father who had shown interest in the cards) was only halfway through my cards when he told me he wasn't interested.

This shows me that the reason he wasn't interested from the start is he thought I was Jewish which is interesting because I don't have any clear identifying markers that I am Jewish.
BBB=Better Business Bureau
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Tell whole story

i am genuinely flummoxed by a lot of the responses in this thread. in fact, a few of the responses make me question the person posting it

Some of this makes sense and some don't
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

If the wheeler/mccutchen are the first two that popped into your head, I doubt any LCS would give anywhere near $75 for that stack (unless we're talking some serious color and bowman chrome in the wheeler), racist or not. My LCS's are only forking over cash for things they can make a clear profit on.

Doesn't make the comment right of course. Sorry you experienced that
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Funny how people seem more interested in what my cards are worth then what the guy actually said to me. I was willing to come off the $75 but never got a counteroffer.

As I said earlier, the young guy got halfway through the cards before telling me he wasn't interested. The older guy had shown interest. I believe the young guy had made up his mind by the time I walked in the door.

I guess if you like baseball card stores that don't like Jews this is your place.

I don't think the cards is any matter. I do have a business and you always have to leave the door open for future deals, because you never know. Even if the cards weren't good enough the least you could do is look at all of them. Second, whatever you say it has to be in a nice way. It is not what you say is how you say it. You never know if that person can come in a near future and spend a good amount of money or give you a good deal on cards or in a trade. I deal with many different people and I treat them all the same. When you have a business you are for the long run, specially if you are young, so I honestly can't understand the attitude of the young man. I guess that he won't last long. Not need to mention about the comment made. Guy has personal problems and doesn't deserve the people support his business.

They are interested in what your cards were (not thier worth) for context. I think you posted they were worth $250 and you were asking $75. Before you let us know what they were....I think folks were wondering if you had 250 $1 cards, 125 $2 cards or what, again for context. From what you listed, I wouldn't have been interested either and I know my LCS's wouldn't have been either. They need to not only make a profit, but have stuff that will move....inv. turnover. Doesn't excuse thier actions. Did you follow-up?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I don't think the card value matters too much. I'm sure, just like pawn shops, they get customers who think their stuff is more valuable than what it really is all the time. This may or may not have been the case here but unless you as the customer said some magic words, then the people who work there had no reason to respond in a rude manner but with a simple counter offer or a polite 'sorry but we're not interested.'

People who run card shops do run a business and we should respect that and understand they are trying to make a living. Most people who work/own the establishments do enjoy collecting like we do and in fairness they do provide a service by giving us the opportunity to buy hobby boxes and certain cards locally.

It's a shame you and your kids had to go through that ordeal but at the same time I hope this wasn't something you brought upon yourself. Hope this doesn't come off judgmental because that wasn't my intention.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

If you are going to escalate this matter, I would make a suggestion to not make any more comments about the business online.

I wouldn't want your claim to be discarded because some fancy lawyer turns a thread like this into some thing that could be mistaken for slander.

I am not questioning your side of the story or the cards, just a suggestion.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2