`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6

RE: case: break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3
(06-21-2014, 02:21 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You might want to wait until I'm done .... It seems that I have a Cardinals case ... I opened box #4 ... And got another Cardinals auto! Maybe it's time to start a Cards Collection? .... Nah, but sure wish I had a Yankees case instead.

Figured that Hicks and Carew will eventually be going your way Smile
I'll wait. seems like you are getting a lot of my Cardinals. lol let me know when you get to the end.

RE: case: break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4
Box #4

Grade B

Relics:
Mike LeakeGU
Luis Gonzalez Ring card
auto: Kolten Wong

Black border /63
None

Camo /99
None

No pink, no clear, no silver

Future Star reprints:
Maddux, strasburg

SP cards:
Chris Sale Sabermetrics , David Wright Sparkle

5 minis, 5 saberstars, 3 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

one Tanaka RC one Abreu RC

Nothing spectacular, but not a bad box
[Image: null_zpsa8d01ef8.jpg]
[Image: null_zps17bb4e67.jpg]
[Image: null_zps4947680e.jpg]

All FT except for Wright and Wong

The lack of color makes me suspect that retail is going to be loaded with color ... But that's just a hunch based on 2/3 of a case ... Not a very scientific study Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Lol...wright and Wong (wrong)....
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(06-22-2014, 10:48 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Lol...wright and Wong (wrong)....
LOL
yeah, I was laughing when I wrote that! Glad someone found it funny, too!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You're showing great restraint in opening this case. I'd start off trying to pace myself and then I'd eventually just tear into it and wake up surrounded by wrappers and cards wondering what happened.
Kepler

that Griffey looks AWESOME! congrats, looks like a great break so far!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(06-23-2014, 08:01 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: You're showing great restraint in opening this case. I'd start off trying to pace myself and then I'd eventually just tear into it and wake up surrounded by wrappers and cards wondering what happened.
Thanks! My restraint amazes me, also because when it comes to cards, I usually have none. Smile I ripped into #5 today .... What I thought was going to be a bad box, turned around when I opened into my last 2 packs!
(06-23-2014, 10:37 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: that Griffey looks AWESOME! congrats, looks like a great break so far!
In series 1 I got a Strata card and was secretly wishing to get another, figuring buying a case would increase my odds. No Strata yet, but totally not disappointed with the case. 5/6 boxes and nothing bad. So far that Griffey was one of my favorite pulls! My only complaint throughout is the glaring lack of color. In a case, I thought I'd be swimming in black, pinks, and camo cards Smile 1 camo? 3 black? Weird ... I have more SP cards, Sabermetrics and sparkle cards than that. Go figure!
Box #5
Started out as a real questionable box ... The ring card ...Ugggh, not a big fan of Luis Gonzalez ... Even less of a Juan Gonzalez fan ... Both FT, btw Smile
The box was bleeeeh ... Up until the last 2 packs when I got a great relic and a great Yankee SP Smile

Grade A+

Relics:
Juan Gonzalez Ring card
auto:
Anthony Gose

Black border /63
Dubront

Camo /99
None

Still No pink, no clear, no silver

Future Star reprints:
Boggs, Yount, Cespedes

SP cards:
Werth Sabermetrics

6 minis, 5 saberstars, 3 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

one Tanaka RC one Abreu RC
[Image: null_zpsbf46d45e.jpg]
[Image: null_zps650b3188.jpg]

And this ..... Smile
[Image: null_zps9082728e.jpg]
Votto GU 1/25

And THIS!!!!
[Image: null_zps4267f068.jpg]
MASAHIRO BABY! Okay, maybe not so exciting for all of you, but this was the best Yankees card I got out of the case so far !

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5
OH Man...I can't see it! Have to wait til tonight. Congrats on finally hitting something good Yankee wise..can't wait to see it! Box 4 was good, but only because IMO of the Wright. Box 5 is obviously A+ because of the Masahiro and the Votto. Hummmmmmm, what will box 5 bring?

I agree with Jared....I'm too greedy to let them sit.

Congrats & thanks for sharing!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-23-2014, 11:35 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: OH Man...I can't see it! Have to wait til tonight. Congrats on finally hitting something good Yankee wise..can't wait to see it! Box 4 was good, but only because IMO of the Wright. Box 5 is obviously A+ because of the Masahiro and the Votto. Hummmmmmm, what will box 5 bring?

I agree with Jared....I'm too greedy to let them sit.

Congrats & thanks for sharing!
Thanks!
Originally I wasn't going to put the card descriptions into the post, but then I thought, hmmmm? This would be just too frustrating for Joe ... Hence the card titles.Smile (you're welcome, in advance Smile )
Box 5 was very pleasing. Nothing against the Griffey /99 in box #2, but Tanaka is better for me. Not sure what BV is for either, but it's not always about BV, it's about getting cool Yankee cards Smile
So far, I got 2 really cool ring cards, a really great relic, and a very needed SP Yankee card .... I didn't get any autos that freaked me out ... Maybe a Strata is in #6? I need to know, but probably will try to wait until tomorrow

Juan Gone super collector here Smile would love that ring card if you wanna give me a look!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%