`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6

case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
Like I mentioned, I pre ordered a case of series 2: so far I only opened 1 box
I might open 1 more later, definitely tomorrow. I may ebay the rest of the boxes .. Don't know yet.

Grade A-
Good solid box, nothing outstanding / major lack of NYY
except I suspect this had the silk card case hit Martin Prado /50

Relics:
McGwire Ring card
Freddy Freeman GU

auto:
Junior Lake

Black border /63
Sonny Gray
Josh Willingham

Future Star reprints:
Koufax, Ozzie Smith, Gwynn

SP cards:
Pedroia sabermetrix, Middlebrooks Futures Game uni.

6 minis, 5 saberstars, 3 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

2 Tanaka RC

I'll try and load them in ORG as soon as I can ....
All FT except for Gray & Tanaka (all phillies cards were already bought by Phillies_Joe)

[Image: null_zps47d256b4.jpg]
[Image: null_zps4e12dbd2.jpg]
[Image: null_zps3beb8c43.jpg]
[Image: null_zps2ac92037.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: case: break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1
Awesome to see you got the case. I was getting worried for you that it wasn't coming.

DrM, Will comment when I can see pic's tonight but IMO that was a good all around box. Welcome to the Junior Lake 2014 TS2 auto club! Iove the Sonny Black and that Sandy must look awesome.

Glad your case came...it either was mailed before whomever could just give you a refund or you deal with a very honest supplier. Anyway congrats.

Again, will comment later.....did you get any buyback cards?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Middlebrooks looks like he's having a stroke in that picture, lol.

Sweet Freeman!!! If you wanna move it plmk.

not bad, i suckered myself into a blaster and lunch time and boy to i regret it

I need that middlebrooks please check me

Hooray for Junior Lake!

I already picked one up on the bay but I probably should have waited seeing as everyone is pulling him it seems. I am definitely going to pick up a box at some point, but there hasn't been a Cubs game in awhile, and that's the only time I go to the LCS.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

nicely done!! like a shot at Mcgwire. loved him when he played for the A's and Cards. lmk. thanks

(06-18-2014, 11:46 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Awesome to see you got the case. I was getting worried for you that it wasn't coming.
You and me both. I was starting to get concerned! Thanks!
(06-18-2014, 12:24 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Middlebrooks looks like he's having a stroke in that picture, lol.
LOL
yeah, whatever he's doing with his left eye, it sure doesn't look comfortable ... Or natural Smile do these guys get to approve the picture before its printed ... Jeez. That would be in MY contract.
(06-18-2014, 12:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: DrM, Will comment when I can see pic's tonight but IMO that was a good all around box. Welcome to the Junior Lake 2014 TS2 auto club! Iove the Sonny Black and that Sandy must look awesome.
Glad your case came...it either was mailed before whomever could just give you a refund or you deal with a very honest supplier. Anyway congrats.
Again, will comment later.....did you get any buyback cards?
Dave & Adam's is where I pre-ordered. They're nice to deal with ... Never had a problem.
I got buybacks, but lets face it ... So far they all stink, and in the past they all stank, and in the future, they'll continue to stinkSmile if they were at least in nicer condition, I'd look forward to them, but most look as if they just came out of bicycle spokes Smile

A proud member of the JLCC ... Junior Lake Cubs Club Smile
Box #2

Grade A (A+ if I was a Cardinals fan Smile )
Great box, only complaint is still a major lack of NYY and Phillies ... Sorry Joe
Had 2 great cards in this box

I can't imagine doing much better than this in the rest of the case

Relics:
Matt Carpenter GU
Ring card to be revealed later Smile
auto:
Kevin Siegrist

Black border /63
None

Camo /99
Desmond Jennings

Future Star reprints:
Harper, Aaron

SP cards:
BJ Upton sparkle, Profar Futures Game uni.

10 minis, 5 saberstars, 3 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

no Tanaka RC no Abreu RC Sad

Cardinals Fans .... Your attention please! Smile
[Image: null_zps3162f7b1.jpg]

Sparkle card ... I can barely see it, and the freakin' card code is the same! Toppppppsssssss!!!!
[Image: null_zpsa434f5cb.jpg]
Right card on glove .... Where's Waldo? Smile

[Image: null_zpscdff6d4f.jpg]

My two best cards of the case so far ....
[Image: null_zps5dc90104.jpg]
[Image: null_zps83ff7275.jpg]

Not sure what I'm doing with the Raphael card, I'm keeping the Griffey and Profar. Everything else is FT.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.