`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for People's opinions

RE: Looking for People's opinions
I think it depends on how and where you've stored them all these years. Those cards from the mid-90s tend to stick together after awhile. You could open them and find that they are chunks of cards instead of individual cards. I certainly hope that's not the case for your sake. Personally I don't think they are worth THAT much more unopened. If it were vintage it would be a different story but not from the mass-produced years.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(05-28-2014, 10:43 AM)elberson Wrote: keep them sealed. if your in no hurry to open them, then why do it now. people love pristine unopened stuff and will always sell higher then opened
Want to buy a couple pristine boxes of 88 Donruss? lol......
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I save a few Cases and Boxes of Cards.I have (2 ) boxes of 2003 Bowman Hobby Basketball -Price is now $350.00 or more per Box ( Lebron James-Dwanye Wade and Carmelo Anthony Rookies plus . I bought 2 Cases of UpperDeck Basketball 2008- 2009-2010. Mainly because Michael Jordan-Kobe Bryant and alot of Stars will be available in the Future Years for New Collectors to pull from a pack. I also have an unopen box of 1995 Proline Football ( Factory Sealed with all the Packs being HOT Packs with 6 Insert's per Pack.Check you Old Beckett Annuals.

I loved reading all of the ideas and suggestions. To answer someone's question. They are wax boxes with individual packs of cards not topps sets. Some of the earlier years 86-88 still have the gum inside of them. I know what you are saying about the 1990's cards. I bought a box of 1995 and opened them up and they were a sealed nightmare. I threw most of them away they were so badly damaged from being stuck together. I have them in rubbermaid tubs in a relatively good environment. Not to hot/cold dry/wet. So I am hoping that won't a problem. For now I guess I will continue to collect 2 wax boxes of Topps series I and II. And when I retire I might decide then to open them up and relive the memory of the players from those years. Thanks again for all of your responses...
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.