`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
My Football OPG expires in 9 days and have just removed the auto-renew. I've decided I I can no longer support the current regime and their horrible decisions they have made lately and that the org and trade functions are never going to get fixed. I have been a member since 1997 but I am officially done here. I dont trade enough to care about BV's anymore and have decided that there are other ways to put a value on cards than Beckett.
To everyone whom I've traded with, and friends I have made, I bid you farewell and hope to see you on other sports card sites.
It's been a great run, but its over now - thanks for ruining a great community, Sandeep and co.
I'm out.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

+1

(05-22-2014, 07:31 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ebay isnt market value. ebay value is lower for good reason. it is PART of market value, but not the whole story

FB has a lot of good groups to join, except most people trade/buy on FeeBay recent sells.

(05-23-2014, 10:04 AM)greekgoony Wrote: I am almost done here as well. I am in the hobby because I enjoy the chase which for me involved trading. Its basically dead here and will only get worse with these changes.
Can anyone recommend other good trading sites? I have tried SCF but that one is dead as well. If its against TOS, please PM me.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

(05-23-2014, 08:25 AM)ceocards Wrote: Just to jump in here...

The mod group has gathered all of your feelings, opinions, anger, and frustration with this decision and has passed it along (along with our own opinions Wink ) to the Beckett staff.

I wish I had better news to report, but it appears this is a done deal.

One bright spot - we wondered if there was any chance that someone who will knowingly be taking a short-ish break (ie - take a month or two off while work or family activities are busy etc) could not have their org deleted when they return. Dan Hitt has indicated for a situation like that, to please contact customer service and they will attempt to work with you on a solution. I don't know how much leeway CS has in applying that, but for anyone who is in a temporary unsubscribed status, with intentions of re-subscribing at a later date - it might be worth a call to find out what they can do for you.

We'll keep you updated if there are any other developments.
Thanks CEO for going to bat for people. I think Sandeep and the gang are gonna find out they screwed up big time.

This is what happens when business men who know nothing about the hobby take over...
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Ha! I was just getting the interest back to trade again and had put stuff in ORG and purchased a three month plan about a month or so ago. Yep, deleted the card that I had on file and they now have an old card of mine that isn't even active anymore in their system (love that you can't delete that stuff on here), turned off auto-renew, and Beckett can go float. What was once the "leader in the hobby" is now at the tail end of its life, straggling along trying desperately to keep up with everything else that has passed it by.

Take care all!

Wow I just subscribe to the OPG monthly with maybe a week or 2 in between subscriptions. I only have 700 or so cards in my org but if they are gonna treat us this way then I'll just use the OPG & make a current trade list to trade elsewhere.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Message from President's Desk:

So, what makes this a special year? I feel proud to say that this year we would be commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the Beckett Brand (by destroying it). I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to all our customers (100% price increase on Org), employees (can't build a functioning site), business partners, advertisers, manufacturers, dealers, distributors and friends (?) in the Collectibles industry who have supported us through this time.

Our sole commitment is to best serve the Collectibles industry. We are constantly thriving to offer innovative products and superior services (superior to what? My food processor works better than this site) to our customers while expanding into newer markets (before satisfying your current market) to keep our promise of being “The world's most trusted source in collecting” (This is just flabbergasting, nothing to say here). It is the sheer optimism and the clear vision of the team that keeps the momentum of expansion going (you can now organize your loose coins but a quarter will come before a dime but after a penny).

The Beckett Promise: Today and for the times ahead, “With over 30 years of serving as the most trusted resource for collectors, Beckett Media will continue to facilitate trade (good luck as this will be a ghost town for trading) and lead the collectibles industry with dynamic products and services (meaning they are made of dynamite and likely to explode)”.

To celebrate this collaborative spirit “Connect with us at the upcoming, 35th National Sports Convention in Cleveland in July/Aug 2014”. Don’t forget to browse our website for upcoming activities and the most exciting offers (pay $40 for a year of Org or lose all your data).
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

The real reason Beckett is doing this.

http://cconnect.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-cont...3-2014.pdf

http://cconnect.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-cont...Answer.pdf
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(05-23-2014, 06:53 PM)shezdoni Wrote: The real reason Beckett is doing this.

I don't get the checklist part. Beckett doesn't own the checklists. The checklists are made, created, and distributed by the card companies. Beckett doesn't even get those right sometimes.

(05-23-2014, 06:53 PM)shezdoni Wrote: The real reason Beckett is doing this.

first document, page 9, line 25, under the heading 16 - that is why beckett will win. comc started off with a criminal act and continues to this day, even with past agreements, to use that as a structure of its business
then again on page 11, line 1 (entry 21)