`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
I think the fact that Beckett is being run as a media company led by a person/people that obviously know as much about sports cards as I do about the frickin' Yeti speaks volumes as to why the site is where it is now.

Back in 08/09 when it was still a hobby company this place was on fire. The boards were FULL of awesome, and you'd better have an interesting topic or it'd be on page 3 by the time you got back from the fridge with your Dr. Pepper.

Doesn't seem like much has changed or gotten better since the site change in late 09 or early 10, whenever it was.

I'm sure Dr. Beckett just shakes his head in disbelief at what his years of work has been turned into.

Bob, Chris, etal, I feel bad for you guys. They've put you into another tight spot with members like they did to us back when they did the site change.

The silence from site staff on the boards regarding this issue is, deafening...
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(05-21-2014, 03:33 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: It's too bad there's not a better way to do this. Like, delete non-payers that haven't logged in for a certain amount of time. Say 6 months or a year? I think that would be a fair amount of time - especially if they've got a large collection taking up storage space.
I can understand..no pay, then delete, but since that was not the policy..I would grace period 1 year after notification, if no pay, then delete.

It does take space and storage to keep a collection no one can trade with and the member can not access unless they pay $20 a year...

Personally, I thought it was very generous of them to let people pay and lapse without losing the data..I can not tolerate looking for trades and the person has not been on line since Feb 2013...why not just delete ALL DATA..personal, financial etc..no pay..gone...no cards, no ID, no anything..

However, even though other business models are clear on this..Beckett has not been forecoming..therefore...grandfather people..but notify.."pay the yearly fee or ALL DATA is gone..within a year.."

To throw this policy out there over a holiday weekend..I am traveling..is crazy..I am paid up..but others..some I know and trade with, may be caught in this bubble...
It is like the government releasing bad news on Friday afternoon, hoping no one will see over the weekend...

Yep, read all the posts. Agree with almost everything you collector's said. Agree the most with what Jacoby said.....

(05-21-2014, 10:41 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: BLEEP YOU BECKETT...BLEEP YOU

Beckett is back at it again with their money grubbing tactics. It is bad enough that their grading is overpriced and a sham but this, wow. A slap in the face to people that use their site. This should turn many off to their policies. Keep increasing prices for BGS while your at it. They tried to make a collector's club like PSA but there is no incentive to pay for it.

Beckett book value is a waste. Why use that when you see what cards actually sell for on EBay. The value is what someone will pay. We all know the book value is bogus anyway.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

I was thinking about making a return to trading soon and this news may have completely changed my mind. Opening packs/boxes is really fun, but at the same time from a money management standpoint it is more efficient to just buy the singles that you want. Because of the organize here, it made it SO MUCH more easier to trade commons/base cards to team collectors and set builders. On other trade sites you'd have to go through the trouble of listing things out and blah blah blah. For Beckett to continuously increase prices while have an inferior product throughout is really pathetic. There have been times when this site was absolutely horrid but yet many of us stayed and subscribed because we were promised better. Upgrades came out and they still couldn't get the job done...meanwhile prices still went up. Customer service blows, the product blows, and Beckett's respect for their customers blows. I really don't know how this company is still afloat. I was just getting ready to list a whole mess of Heritage cards but now I guess I shouldn't even waste my time. Collecting is already taking a hit because of eBay, but thanks Beckett for putting another nail in the coffin toward those who still enjoy trading.

It wouldn;t be that hard for us collectors to build spreadsheets and share them with each other so we don;t each have to individually build our own. Google Docs = sword at Beckett's neck
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(05-22-2014, 06:21 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Beckett book value is a waste. Why use that when you see what cards actually sell for on EBay. The value is what someone will pay. We all know the book value is bogus anyway.
ebay isnt market value. ebay value is lower for good reason. it is PART of market value, but not the whole story

You all have to remember, Beckett's now has to pay for their coin pricing guide, their auction site, and more importantly their fantasy site, oh wait, that's this site Sad, as well as their fan shop and it's cheaply made imitation leather purses made in china, that cost 359.00 + tax and shipping.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I do love how they are allowed to pimp their auctions here when we are expressly forbidden from doing just that. Even so far as as linking an auction that is not even ours we get a warning. These people are really a joke in the industry, I really am glad to see them getting blasted
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]