`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
So is there any value on game used balls?
05-06-2014, 06:39 AM
So is there any value on game used balls?
You know, the ones you catch that are foul or a HR ball. Just kinda curious as I racked up a decent amount at a Double A game yesterday and one from the Phillies about 7 years ago. Is there even really a market for them? Great souvenir items to have though!

[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

Working on completing a custom master set of 2013 Press Pass Fanfare Racing by getting 1 base, auto, R/U, and Auto'd R/U of each driver and the variations of the R/U cards.

Total I have/Total in my custom set: TBA Later
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: So is there any value on game used balls?
Not really unless it is significant (ie - a 500th HR ball or record breaking ball of some sort).

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
(05-06-2014 08:34 AM)ceocards Wrote:  Not really unless it is significant (ie - a 500th HR ball or record breaking ball of some sort).

Worth asking, thanks ceo for the help!

[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

Working on completing a custom master set of 2013 Press Pass Fanfare Racing by getting 1 base, auto, R/U, and Auto'd R/U of each driver and the variations of the R/U cards.

Total I have/Total in my custom set: TBA Later
05-06-2014, 11:50 AM
I would imagine a lot of factors contribute, a couple might be
Numbers: multiple Major league games per night, multiple balls become souvenirs. If you count minor league games the number of balls becomes even greater.
Authenticity: Personally, I would want something to authenticate that Pujols 500HR ball is for sure Pujols 500 HR ball, not just an OLMLB that someone scuffed/scratched up and claimed is legit.

But looking on the bright side, it's just cool to say you were at a game and got a ball that was thrown/batted into the stands!

Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]
05-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Through the years my sons have gotten maybe 2 dozen balls thrown their way from various BP's at the Trop when the Yankees were in town... we have used those balls to get autos from guys