`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?

If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?
So, the auction was a grab bag, promised 3 cards worth 10 dollars or more each for 10 dollars. the cards i got met that description, but when i went to sell them, i couldnt make my money back

should i contact the seller to get a refund? and if they dont give me a refund, do i leave a negative feeback or just a nuetral?

RE: If i buy a lot on ebay, and i cant make a profit, do i deserve a refund?
where they saying BV of 10+ or Sell value?
If Sell Value, then yes I would ask for a partial refund at least
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

no no, they said beckett value. in fact, the 3 cards i got not only had a beckett value of 10 each, one even booked for 15. as i said, everything in the description was dead on.

i just cant make money on them, and i think that means i should get my money back

nope. no refund. if auction says bv and not sell value, then its all on you.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

If it said book value of $10+ I don't see how not making money on them has anything to do with the seller.

Yeah I have to agree with ^^^^ these 2 guys. If it was exactly as described I dont think you really have grounds for a refund
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

My guess is the seller was the op and the buyer is trying to give negative feedback. I have seen the op post about selling these "grab bags" before.

I think op is getting a neg and wants to see what everyone says about fighting it. If a listing is as described there is no grounds for a neg but then again we live in a "you owe me" era and buyers don't care because there is no buyer repercussion. Ebay is horrible for selling. The buyer always wins regardless

The seller fulfilled their part of the transaction. BV and Market value are two different things. I think you got what you paid for and aren't entitled to a refund.

okay, confession time

i am actually the seller in this situation, not the buyer. (as yankee suspected. though i do buy grab bag auctions from other sellers and report what i get on the boards...i need to get back on that)

but this is the exact situation. i didnt think i was crazy, but i wanted to do it from the other perspective

he isnt mentioning negatives yet, though i highly suspect that's where we are going with this. fact is, ill probably just give him a refund just to avoid the fight - though i could care less about a negative - 100% positive, over 7k feedback

but to get that refund, im going to make him jump through hoops and explain things with logic. when he cant, ill let him down easy and give him the refund

but i really shouldnt have to

sell value is normally 1/3 or 1/4 of bv for most cards, some more or some less, supply and demand!!!!!!!1
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]