`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MJ Thread Updated 6/16

RE: MJ Thread Updated 6/14
(06-14-2014, 05:50 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Lovin' the new updates! I think the pic on that rookie year electric gold parallel is sweet. I have 2 of those electric court golds and have thought about trying to get all of them, but the first one I pulled and got it graded, came back gem mint so now I want all of them in 9.5 haha.

like that spx bronze and the scoring kings MJ as well. I love checking our your MJ registry, but you gotta stop adding to it and gimme like 5 years to catch up man! Smile
Thanks man! What I have been doing is finding cards I have raw and rebuy them already graded. For example the Total O card I bought for $6.50 and then I sold my raw copy for $5.99. The Radiance card I bought for $4.50 and I will probably sell my raw copy for $6-7. So I at least break even and in some circumstances I make a small profit. The great thing is that I cannot justify sending in a card that only books $20-25 in for grading. So I get the cards I wanted graded without spending $8-9 on the card for grading expenses.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I like it. I've been trying to do something similar, but it's not as effective for a variety of reasons. 1.) I don't have as many mid-end MJs raw to sell 2.) I'm picky and don't want to pick up lower-dollar MJs (below $25 in my world) unless they are at least a BGS 9 so I let a lot of lower graded stuff go. 3.) I can't seem to get figures like $5.99 out of the mid-end raw ones I do sell. How do you get that much out of them? Any advice would be appreciated Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(06-14-2014, 09:42 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I like it. I've been trying to do something similar, but it's not as effective for a variety of reasons. 1.) I don't have as many mid-end MJs raw to sell 2.) I'm picky and don't want to pick up lower-dollar MJs (below $25 in my world) unless they are at least a BGS 9 so I let a lot of lower graded stuff go. 3.) I can't seem to get figures like $5.99 out of the mid-end raw ones I do sell. How do you get that much out of them? Any advice would be appreciated Smile
I just start them out at say $6.99 starting bid and have it go for a 3 day auction. Usually you will get a couple followers. I also post the BV value of the card to make it look like they are getting a deal. For example with the Total O it books for $25 and it sold for $6 which is a little under 25% of book value. I keep doing that until the card sells. Obviously these cards are not huge values but with the free listings it is fine with me listing it several times. I also look at all the completed sales on the cards and try to get close to average of what the cards have been selling for. So this way I do not get shorted on a sale.

I too do not want to a ton of low-end MJs but if I can get the graded BGS 8.5 for the same price as the raw can sell, why not? I am not doing this with every single low end MJ I have. Just when a graded card pops up that I feel I can get it at a low price. I do not sell my raw card until I win the BGS card. I am however thinking about selling more of my raw cards regardless of finding the BGS to replace it. I know that some day I will sell every single MJ card I have (or almost all of them) and I want it to be easy. Just list it as graded and be done with it.

The cool thing is that the majority of my low end MJs have come through trades. A lot of these cards I have had since I was a kid. So it is nice to be able to replace them with a graded copy that will preserve even longer and not have to spend any additional money.

Couple more cards. The BGS sticker is a replacement (had the PSA 8). When I realized that the price difference between a BGS 8.5 and a PSA 8 was nearly nothing, I decided to sell the PSA. That and I do not like PSA all that much.

[Image: 209_zps1647e8e6.jpg]

[Image: 208_zpsb8497b6a.jpg]

RE: MJ Thread Updated 6/16
Nice stuff recently man! I am really digging the Linchpins and old school 96-97 PMG!!!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(06-16-2014, 04:54 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: Nice stuff recently man! I am really digging the Linchpins and old school 96-97 PMG!!!
Thanks man! Those were a couple huge pickups for me! Couldnt resist them.

Very nice additions!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(06-18-2014, 04:38 PM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Very nice additions!
Thanks man!