`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MJ Thread Updated 6/16

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/7
(04-11-2014, 06:48 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yeah, I didn't collect a lot in the late 90's either. I just wish I would have picked up his hard to get stuff earlier. There are some of his nicer cards that I could have picked up for extremely cheap. Just never did. When I got back into collecting I was more about quantity rather than quality. Wish that would have not been the case.

I never thought I would either. I stopped buying boxes/packs and stopped spending money on cheap singles. I was looking through my collection today and I was annoyed with how much I spent on cards that only book for $10. Even if you get them for $2, that is still $5 dollars after shipping. Just seems like such a waste now to me. Every collector has to start somewhere and depending on your goals, you can get the same cards. Just takes time.
That Dunk N go nuts is annoying me like crazy being a little yellow!
I remember I had one like that too not knowing it should be clear at the time and had to replace it!
Anyway,

hmmm...with that second part did I influence you at all collecting like that?
As in quality over quantity and how to build up a PC from quantity to quality?

I have been doing that for last few years too and because the cheaper $20 cards were actually bringing $15-$20 at auction, it made sense to get rid of them earlier to use the money to build up to better cards!

It's actually a lot harder to get $20 out of a $20 card today so that system doesn't work as much any more...

Now the best way to upgrade PC cards is to scan ebay for sort after cards that are going for under what most people will pay( a lot of research is required for this to work), buy them and sell for small amounts of profit and not try and push for max gains...

I think we have seen just about the bottom of the range of the MJ market holding value, I don't see cards dropping all that much further than they are right now....So that's a good thing considering how short this down turn has been...

Keep that in mind....

Got any good MJ 9.5's in your submissions lately?
I have some Big maildays of their way! taken years to find one of these cards!

Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/7
(04-12-2014, 11:00 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: That Dunk N go nuts is annoying me like crazy being a little yellow!
I remember I had one like that too not knowing it should be clear at the time and had to replace it!
Anyway,

hmmm...with that second part did I influence you at all collecting like that?
As in quality over quantity and how to build up a PC from quantity to quality?

I have been doing that for last few years too and because the cheaper $20 cards were actually bringing $15-$20 at auction, it made sense to get rid of them earlier to use the money to build up to better cards!

It's actually a lot harder to get $20 out of a $20 card today so that system doesn't work as much any more...

Now the best way to upgrade PC cards is to scan ebay for sort after cards that are going for under what most people will pay( a lot of research is required for this to work), buy them and sell for small amounts of profit and not try and push for max gains...

I think we have seen just about the bottom of the range of the MJ market holding value, I don't see cards dropping all that much further than they are right now....So that's a good thing considering how short this down turn has been...

Keep that in mind....

Got any good MJ 9.5's in your submissions lately?
I have some Big maildays of their way! taken years to find one of these cards!
No one person really influenced my desire to go for quality over quantity. Looking through my collection of 3000+ MJs, I realized over the years I spent a lot of money on cheaper cards for sets. These are cards are great to have, but they are not cards that are meant to be displayed. I have had a list of MJ wants and I just decided to go for them. I wanted to improve my collection to compete with other collections such as yours but the desire to do this simply came from wanting to have cards I can display. I have looked at your pictures though to find cards I do not have. My wife and I are in the process of buying a house (we already own a condo) and I am looking for cards that can be nicely displayed on the wall or in a display.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/ 11 Major Pickup X2!
I would love to start collecting some of these higher end jordan's, but its hard to do on a very limited income! So for now I'll have to stick to the cheaper bgs 9.5's that I've wanted.

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/ 11 Major Pickup X2!
(04-12-2014, 11:34 PM)altz11 Wrote: I would love to start collecting some of these higher end jordan's, but its hard to do on a very limited income! So for now I'll have to stick to the cheaper bgs 9.5's that I've wanted.
You have to start somewhere! Ask me 3 years ago if I would have any of these cards and I would say I was dreaming. Keep plugging away!

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/ 19
Both of these are replacements. Will use the money from both to recoup some costs. Thanks for looking!

[Image: 199_zps2242279a.jpg]

[Image: 198_zpsbae538c5.jpg]

I still haven't picked up any of those early first day issue MJs, they tend to go pretty high. Love the Scoring Magnets too, I've got it in a BGS 9 somewhere or another around here haha. Nice stuff!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(04-19-2014, 02:44 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I still haven't picked up any of those early first day issue MJs, they tend to go pretty high. Love the Scoring Magnets too, I've got it in a BGS 9 somewhere or another around here haha. Nice stuff!
Thanks man. I like the simple parallel of the FDI. The Scoring Magnets is one of my favorite low end inserts. I had it in a PSA 8 and wanted to upgrade slightly.

Another cool card in! This should be one of the last MJs I get for a while that are relatively nice.

[Image: 200_zps9ba6dcb0.jpg]

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/21
Glad you won this one! I saw it, but even though the starting bid was reasonable I just couldn't afford it. Great pickup!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: MJ Thread Updated 4/21
(04-22-2014, 10:44 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Glad you won this one! I saw it, but even though the starting bid was reasonable I just couldn't afford it. Great pickup!
Thanks man! I was happy with what I paid. Right around 50% of BV, which is fine with me on a nicer card.