`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
GMA Grading

RE: GMA Grading
rjcj2017 Wrote:Clearly, LOL ... how are you guys doing?
Hanging in there. I've been laid off since April so getting a ton of much needed yard work done. The kid was a senior this year and we just found out that her graduation ceremony has been canceled. She's pretty bummed about that but we are both healthy, anyway. How have you been, man?
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

aprirr Wrote:Hanging in there. I've been laid off since April so getting a ton of much needed yard work done. The kid was a senior this year and we just found out that her graduation ceremony has been canceled. She's pretty bummed about that but we are both healthy, anyway. How have you been, man?
Good, PM sent to avoid thread hijack, LOL

Not that it matters, really ... this thread is like 6 years old.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Good, PM sent to avoid thread hijack, LOL

Not that it matters, really ... this thread is like 6 years old.
This thread was DOA the second "GMA isn't that bad" was mentioned  Big Grin
Kepler

aprirr Wrote:Hanging in there. I've been laid off since April so getting a ton of much needed yard work done. The kid was a senior this year and we just found out that her graduation ceremony has been canceled. She's pretty bummed about that but we are both healthy, anyway. How have you been, man?
Hey Aaron, 
sorry to here, dude. I’m in the same boat. It’s not fun being out of work, but as long as you and your loved ones are healthy, that’s all that matters.
Likewise with my daughters, my eldest graduated College ... no ceremony, and my middle girl graduated HS with no celebrations. Prom ... cancelled. Grad Bash (Disney World opens the park from Midnight till 6am for Florida resident 12th grade grads every year) cancelled. All they had was a video ceremony and a car grad parade. The High School tried to do something, which is more than what the college did. 
Personally, I better get back to work soon, I’m running out of trees to trim in my back yard. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:Hey Aaron, 
sorry to here, dude. I’m in the same boat. It’s not fun being out of work, but as long as you and your loved ones are healthy, that’s all that matters.
Likewise with my daughters, my eldest graduated College ... no ceremony, and my middle girl graduated HS with no celebrations. Prom ... cancelled. Grad Bash (Disney World opens the park from Midnight till 6am for Florida resident 12th grade grads every year) cancelled. All they had was a video ceremony and a car grad parade. The High School tried to do something, which is more than what the college did. 
Personally, I better get back to work soon, I’m running out of trees to trim in my back yard. Smile
Yeah, Doc. The kid's prom was also cancelled, after she spent the money on her dress. But I haven't even gotten to trimming the trees in the yard yet!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

You guys are all cracked out I sent in 10 cards and they all came back properly graded and the slabs were perfect the cards did not move around or damaged. I took those 10 cards out of the slabs which was freaking difficult and sent them to Beckett and after waiting about 4 months I recieved the cards back and guess what they got the same exact grades as GMA so I’m not sure if they got better since all these post or if people are just cranky because they didn’t get the grading they hoped for or whatever but Beckett cost me well over $250 to grade 10 cards and GMA $100 so saving over almost $150 and getting the same exact grades to my cards is a win for me. Oh and I was never asked what grade I would like my cards to be so I will continue to use GMA and because of the price and turnaround times people will most likely be using GMA more and their cards will get better in resale if shaming and bad mouthing stops.

Ricktaylorjr Wrote:saving over almost $150 and getting the same exact grades to my cards is a win for me. 
1) I'm not sure exactly how you saved $150 when you said you sent the same cards to be graded by both GMA (paid $100) and BGS (paid $250).

2) I'm going to chalk this comment up to what seems the infrequent bump by a new poster to spam this company for some reason.  If this story actually occurred, actual before/after pics would actually lend some credence to your claim.

Ricktaylorjr Wrote:You guys are all cracked out I sent in 10 cards and they all came back properly graded and the slabs were perfect the cards did not move around or damaged. I took those 10 cards out of the slabs which was freaking difficult and sent them to Beckett and after waiting about 4 months I recieved the cards back and guess what they got the same exact grades as GMA so I’m not sure if they got better since all these post or if people are just cranky because they didn’t get the grading they hoped for or whatever but Beckett cost me well over $250 to grade 10 cards and GMA $100 so saving over almost $150 and getting the same exact grades to my cards is a win for me. Oh and I was never asked what grade I would like my cards to be so I will continue to use GMA and because of the price and turnaround times people will most likely be using GMA more and their cards will get better in resale if shaming and bad mouthing stops.
Grading is a joke and a scam.

But many people waste their money on scams, so if you like graded cards, you do you.

Well if I paid $250 to Beckett and only $100 to GMA that’s a difference of $150 so that’s how I would have saved $150 by just going with GMA plus the 3 month difference in turnaround times to have my cards. Yes I spent $350 total for sending them to both companies but I read all these posts and decided to see what both would do for these cards I have never done PSA so I know nothing about them I don’t deal much with cards but just because someone has a bad experience with a company or the company isn’t one that is more reputable doesn’t mean it’s bad it’s like saying I had a bad trip to Walmart today so I’m never going back and I’m telling all my friends and family to never deal with them every company won’t be perfect all the time but it’s no reason to downgrade a company who is trying to help people out with lower cost faster services Wrote:1) I'm not sure exactly how you saved $150 when you said you sent the same cards to be graded by both GMA (paid $100) and BGS (paid $250).

2) I'm going to chalk this comment up to what seems the infrequent bump by a new poster to spam this company for some reason.  If this story actually occurred, actual before/after pics would actually lend some credence to your claim.

LOL, do you work for GMA or something?

Or are they paying you for your testimony?

I wouldn't put it past a grading company to do that, considering their seedy nature.

But, in all seriousness, literally every experience I've had with two different grading companies has been highly sketchy, not to mention actual experiences from a close friend that used to own a legit card shop and had no reason to lie or exaggerate to me about how shady these companies are.

Point being, I'm not making it up.

If you had a good experience and are happy with what you got, then that's great, and I mean that sincerely ... but telling me or anyone else that we're all "cracked out" because we have a different view than you do is probably a better approach for a lower level outfit like Blowout or Sports Card Forum.