`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
What Are Your On-line Sources For Card Purchases?

RE: What Are Your On-line Sources For Card Purchases?
Mel- one of my new favorite places is facebook. You can find me there, so just friend me and I'll get you added to the groups. There are a lot of the same people, but a ton of others out there that you don't see here. It will broaden your connections for sure. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(03-12-2014, 12:43 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Mel- one of my new favorite places is facebook. You can find me there, so just friend me and I'll get you added to the groups. There are a lot of the same people, but a ton of others out there that you don't see here. It will broaden your connections for sure. Smile
Thanks, Wendy. I think we are friends on Facebook. I just check in about twice a year. Lol. I guess I'll have to take advantage of that.

That might also be where everyone has been hanging out!

(03-12-2014, 01:36 PM)melcmd Wrote: Thanks, Wendy. I think we are friends on Facebook. I just check in about twice a year. Lol. I guess I'll have to take advantage of that.

That might also be where everyone has been hanging out!
I really only play on FB to hang with my card friends and chat it up. Yes, that's where everyone is. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I tend to use eBay, Beckett Marketplace, and COMC the most.

I use eBay for newer products, and it is usually always an impulse purchase.

COMC I use to find some cards for my sets, but I never pay asking price, I always send an offer, if they decline, they decline.

Becket Marketplce is used to fill the lower end holes in my collection. Once they implement the feature to bounce your wants off the stores there, it will become so much easier to fill those holes.

What I have seen is that less of the lower end cards (that would sell for under $5) are showing up on eBay. I think that has a lot to do with the eBay and Paypal fees. However I still think that the majority of higher end cards that go up for sale online are found on eBay. Forums like this one and Blowout are definitely growing in terms of the number of sales happening on them, as more people try to find ways to avoid selling fees. So there are a number of people trying to sell on forums before turning to eBay.
I think the biggest reason the eBay fees seem so bad is because people got used to the lower fees eBay used to charge and they haven't really paid attention to the fact that most everywhere else the fees are just as high if not higher.
As to the original question about where to buy cards, I think most have been listed:
eBay, COMC, SportLots, SportsBuy, Blowout Forums, Beckett Forums, there are also a few sites that are good for set collectors like JustCommons.com (though I believe they only offer baseball cards and not other sports). Personally I would say my purchasing is split 65% on eBay, 30% on COMC, and 5% everywhere else.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I've never thought about facebook, but that might be a good option. I've been on there for a couple of years, but don't do a lot of stuff on there. I don't know how to find people outside of my friends, etc.