`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Gurnick worst HOF vote ever

RE: Ken Gurnick worst HOF vote ever
It's the BBW of A Hall of fame...they can do whatever they want. I do think it's very disrespectful to not use your ballot (someone sent it in blank ballot) at all, esp. when someone missed being voted in by 2 votes (Biggio). That's about all I have to say on the matter except for congrats to the 3 voted in. If you ever have a chance, go to the museum it's awesome to the max!

JMO...the NFL HOF is a joke...everyone gets voted in!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-08-2014, 07:50 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: baseball hof is a joke...they need to take a lesson from the NFL in how voting process should be done. can anyone name a nfl player from our era who didnt deserve to be there?
craig biggio----how the he!! is he not in...if sandberg and alomar are
tim raines---how is he not in?
and how the heck voted for these guys----Eric Gagne, 2; J.T. Snow, 2; Armando Benitez, 1; Jacque Jones----cmon man--decent players but hof really...gagne had what 3 good seasons
the system is very flawed, i compare it to the bcs system of college football...makes no sense to me at all.
MLB hall of fame is the most prestigious of any of the major sports, it doesn't get diluted every year with players who had 4 good years like the NFL. You have to be dominant to make it. I actually think they got it right this year, I would rather only a few of the very best of the best make it than to have ten guys standing up there in July. Biggio was a good player for a lot of years but was he really ever a dominant player? I love his style and would take him on my team any day but was he ever really a top ten player in any given season? I totally agree with what a joke it is that Benitez and Jones got votes, especially considering Biggio was only two votes away from induction. Some of these writers obviously don't realize what an honor it is to even have a vote and aren't giving it the respect it deserves.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

Here is my take on it all. It's just my opinion, and like everyone else's here.....it doesn't matter to the baseball writers.

Let the players peers vote.

If you allowed all the guys that played against Pete Rose to vote on his entry to the hall he'd make it in no problem. He's the career hits leader for goodness sakes. There are tons of "shady" characters in the hall of fame. I'm not going to name them, but they include alcoholics, drug users, Racists and others of the sort.

I think all the guys that were at the top of their game should be in the Hall of Fame whether they were connected to PEDs or not. When I go to the Hall of Fame, I want to see the greatest players to ever play the game. I don't care if they did drugs, bet on baseball, did PEds. Hell, I played with guys that juiced and it didn't make them any better. If they want to give that era a special section of the Hall all to themselves fine, but they shouldn't be excluded just because of the era they played in.

I am happy that era is for the most part over and there are rules/disciplinary actions for it now.

Like I said before, just my opinion.

[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(01-08-2014, 08:07 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Would you rather have him pitch game 7 of a WS game, or Nolan Ryan?
Yes, have you seen game 7 of the 1991 WS? I would take Jack Morris over anybody in a game 7.

[quote='rentzington' pid='2405763' dateline='1389216358']
what bothers me about writers taking this PED stance is who is to really say WHEN the PED era was?
Does he have proof morris didn't use any sort of enhancing drug? Does he know when players first used steroids,hgh and amphetamines ?

Canseco has said that he never would have made the major leagues if he hadn't been using, and he debuted in '85. So who is to say how many others were using before him and when.

Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

(01-09-2014, 11:51 PM)anhaga68 Wrote: [quote='rentzington' pid='2405763' dateline='1389216358']
what bothers me about writers taking this PED stance is who is to really say WHEN the PED era was?
Does he have proof morris didn't use any sort of enhancing drug? Does he know when players first used steroids,hgh and amphetamines ?

Canseco has said that he never would have made the major leagues if he hadn't been using, and he debuted in '85. So who is to say how many others were using before him and when.
Exactly. And if there are no positive tests for most of the players that are now eligible, why is everyone so sure that Thomas and Griffey were clean and Piazza and Bagwell were not?

(01-11-2014, 12:16 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Exactly. And if there are no positive tests for most of the players that are now eligible, why is everyone so sure that Thomas and Griffey were clean and Piazza and Bagwell were not?
Amen, we simply cannot know for sure, and anyone who acts like they do know is being irresponsible.