`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Gurnick worst HOF vote ever

RE: Ken Gurnick worst HOF vote ever
I agree you're either a HOF or not but we have to be careful. I think letting them stay on the ballot a long time is a good thing. For example, blyleven was a deserving candidate, but took over a decade to get in. people looked at his 250 losses and refused to vote for him, but he was a great, great pitcher.
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

At the end of the day the Hall is a museum, and I think it should be treated as such. Just put Bonds, Clemens, et al in there and put something on their plaque about them using steroids. Steroids seems like a pretty funny line in the sand for people to draw when thinking about the HOF.

(01-08-2014, 03:28 PM)cubswinagain Wrote: At the end of the day the Hall is a museum, and I think it should be treated as such. Just put Bonds, Clemens, et al in there and put something on their plaque about them using steroids. Steroids seems like a pretty funny line in the sand for people to draw when thinking about the HOF.
I couldn't Disagree more!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

what bothers me about writers taking this PED stance is who is to really say WHEN the PED era was?
Does he have proof morris didn't use any sort of enhancing drug? Does he know when players first used steroids,hgh and amphetamines ?

Greenies used to get handed out in lockrooms like candy, should not of the HOF players from the 60s be in?

(01-08-2014, 08:50 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: +5000 I'm lovin' your last point!!
Gee, I wonder why Smile Smile

But seriously, not taking anything away from Jack Morris, in his time on the mound he was a very good pitcher. (I would have loved it if Steinbrenner signed him in 1985. The Yankees would have won another WS, IMO.) But is he worthy of the Hall? Could he stand next to Walter Johnson, or for that matter, Randy Johnson? I don't think so. Jack Morris could be in the Tigers HOF or the Twins HOF, but Cooperstown is a higher honor. ....
I still want to know who voted for Armando Benitez? That sportswriter should be excommunicated and not allowed to vote again!! Did that Sportswriter actually watch a game when Armando Benitez was on the Marlins? Not HOF worthy .... unless you're comparing him to my HOF worthiness. Smile Then he's a lock, since I can't pitch at all. Smile
(01-08-2014, 04:25 PM)rentzington Wrote: what bothers me about writers taking this PED stance is who is to really say WHEN the PED era was?
Does he have proof morris didn't use any sort of enhancing drug? Does he know when players first used steroids,hgh and amphetamines ?

Greenies used to get handed out in lockrooms like candy, should not of the HOF players from the 60s be in?
Great point.
If you really get down to brass tacks, nicotine and caffeine are PEDs. People have smoked and chewed and dipped since the beginning of baseball. Coffee is abused by millions for the 'enhancement' side effect. Red Bull? PED! Heck, even Ty Cobb used PEDs ... Coca Cola was laced with Cocaine back when he was the poster boy for Coca Cola. Hmmm? Maybe that's why he played so competitively .... he was totally coked-up?
(01-08-2014, 03:58 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I couldn't Disagree more!!
I couldn't agree with your disagreement more! ???? Awwwww, now I'm all confused. Smile
I agree with you. The Hall is more than a Museum. It's a place of Honorable Achievements. I was actually impressed last year when nobody was voted in ... it shouldn't be mandatory for an induction every year. If nobody eligible is worthy, then wait until someone is ... like this year.
As far as PED's go ... I don't really care so much looking back, but moving forward, I think MLB has to be clear and any testing needs to be foolproof. Once a list is made of PEDs that are banned, and a person is caught with blood work from a laboratory ... ban the player for life.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-08-2014, 03:58 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I couldn't Disagree more!!
There's already all sorts of bad people in the Hall of Fame; Ty Cobb is even rumored to have killed someone. I agree that steroids aren't good for baseball, but twenty years of the games history just can't go ignored.

(01-08-2014, 05:20 PM)cubswinagain Wrote: There's already all sorts of bad people in the Hall of Fame; Ty Cobb is even rumored to have killed someone. I agree that steroids aren't good for baseball, but twenty years of the games history just can't go ignored.
I couldn't agree more with this. everybody cheated in some way or another.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(01-08-2014, 05:20 PM)cubswinagain Wrote: There's already all sorts of bad people in the Hall of Fame; Ty Cobb is even rumored to have killed someone. I agree that steroids aren't good for baseball, but twenty years of the games history just can't go ignored.
They could do with the bums like they did with that jerk managerial gambler, whose name I dare not speak or type. The bums stuff is in the museum part, just not in the HOF.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

You can not prove who knowingly took PED's so they need to let it go. And how do you KNOW that Thomas, Griffey, or anyone else did or didn't do it. Is it just the fact that no one accused you, or that you didn't get caught. And what about the mangers who managed these players, didn't LaRussa manage McGwire, Canseco, Giambi, and Tejada? Did he not know anything about this? And what standard do you use to ban someone? Is witness testimony enough? How many witness are necessary? What about merely associating with people who used? I am stunned at all the people prepared to sit in judgment.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

baseball hof is a joke...they need to take a lesson from the NFL in how voting process should be done. can anyone name a nfl player from our era who didnt deserve to be there?
craig biggio----how the he!! is he not in...if sandberg and alomar are
tim raines---how is he not in?
and how the heck voted for these guys----Eric Gagne, 2; J.T. Snow, 2; Armando Benitez, 1; Jacque Jones----cmon man--decent players but hof really...gagne had what 3 good seasons
the system is very flawed, i compare it to the bcs system of college football...makes no sense to me at all.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]