`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me or is Topps Five Star..........

RE: Is it me or is Topps Five Star..........
(12-18-2013, 05:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, that's a good point ... just wait for the singles. The cards themselves are great ... just not the cost to rip.
Thats funny, cuz if no more suckers like me come along. I am now at the point of done with being your beeotches and a sucker (just kidding of course) but you know what I mean. I cannot drop $1600
+ and continue looking at myslef in the mirror...even thoiugh I am handsome, lol.

its junk...u could have a sweet mantle or 3 jordan rookies for that
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

It is obvious to me that no one at Topps in a position of product authority is a true collector because the products are not getting better at all. I buy very little new product and that correlates to the price point and the quality of product. I get better value from trading for the single I want/need.

I want to thank those of you out there willing to break these overpriced products and trade me the cards I want/need.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Yeah that's crazy!! 500 to much!! That's why I go to the bay and get the guys I like. Now granted it's about the surprise and ripping, but I rather do it with a lesser product.
Sorry to hear about that man.

Mind sharing what you actually pulled? Curious what you got in a 3-box case. (If you already posted in box breaks, nevermind).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

No different than ripping wax on most other products these days. It's a big gamble and the odds are stacked against you. I only buy singles for the most part and I like Five Star mainly b/c of the on card autos
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(12-18-2013, 10:04 PM)iconms Wrote: No different than ripping wax on most other products these days. It's a big gamble and the odds are stacked against you. I only buy singles for the most part and I like Five Star mainly b/c of the on card autos
bowman draft and bowman chrome have always had the best turnaround for me. it seems this year though the refractors are selling way cheap. my case of draft i just opened im sure paid for itself with hits.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Also sorry about your case. I as well don't buy/rip high end product any longer. And i mean "ever"
For the price I would pay for a "High End" Topps product I instead purchased this
Something I can really appreciate
[Image: pujols_zps88239e3d.jpg]

The high priced stuff like Five Star is like buying a $500.00 lottery ticket where you hope that you get a $500.00 prize. the only way they will quite making the 500.00 stuff is if the collectors stop buying it. Finest is the highest price I go and that is pushing it.

If you looking to make your money back on it you are not a true collector but an investor and if you buy those 500.00 packs as an investment that is not to bright IMO.

Have to agree. I cracked a case and got two decent cards out of the whole thing, an Aaron blue silver sig and a redemption for the Ripken/Machado 1/1 auto logo patch book.

If it wasn't for the book I'd be looking at like $500 for the $1200 I spent.