`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graded Card Bonanza!

Graded Card Bonanza!
Don't know why, but I bid on a blind lot of graded cards.
Here's the results! I think I did better than any SBay Superbox that I ever bought!

Some nice vintage and I lucked out with that Pepitone!!
[Image: null_zpsb4be778c.jpg]

Graded 80's cards ... not bad
[Image: null_zps182a14ea.jpg]

A PSA 10! Cool, I guess?
[Image: null_zps7822bc4a.jpg]

Never heard of Smoker, but BV on this card is really higher than I ever imagined? Wonder why?
[Image: null_zps3569be85.jpg]

and I NEVER saw these before ... 2006 Bowman original buybacks!?!?!?
[Image: null_zps5408eea5.jpg]

Here's the back of the sealed holder
[Image: null_zps3c14f52d.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Graded Card Bonanza!
Not too shabby, Doc. Maybe you should make all of your purchases blind. :-D
Kepler

nice little haul

(12-10-2013, 08:05 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Not too shabby, Doc. Maybe you should make all of your purchases blind. :-D
I got really, really lucky! Those cards could have easily been a graded selection of various Dillon Maples cards throughout his career. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

nice indeed! always loved that pepitone card
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Awesome DrM....Joe Pepitone-the player who introduced the blow dryer to the MLB clubhouse. Congrats on the Maybin 10. That's a great lot of cards. Like Jared said.....lol. Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-10-2013, 09:30 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome DrM....Joe Pepitone-the player who introduced the blow dryer to the MLB clubhouse. Congrats on the Maybin 10. That's a great lot of cards. Like Jared said.....lol. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Joe!
Yeah, I think Pepitone was responsible for introducing more than just the BLOW dryer to the locker room. Smile
I checked the PSA population report and there is only one Maybin 10 graded card, so maybe I'll try and ebay it. Might get lucky with that too?
(12-10-2013, 08:21 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: nice little haul
Yeah, thanks. I was pretty happy when I saw some of those cards. Anytime I can pick up vintage Yankees in a blind purchase ... I'm doing good.

i could use the mcgwire and hafner
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Very cool! Beckett doesn't do a good job of updating the BV on failed prospects. Or maybe Smoker has a rich family that pays big for his cards?
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]