Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Graded Card Bonanza!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know why, but I bid on a blind lot of graded cards.
Here's the results! I think I did better than any SBay Superbox that I ever bought!

Some nice vintage and I lucked out with that Pepitone!!
[Image: null_zpsb4be778c.jpg]

Graded 80's cards ... not bad
[Image: null_zps182a14ea.jpg]

A PSA 10! Cool, I guess?
[Image: null_zps7822bc4a.jpg]

Never heard of Smoker, but BV on this card is really higher than I ever imagined? Wonder why?
[Image: null_zps3569be85.jpg]

and I NEVER saw these before ... 2006 Bowman original buybacks!?!?!?
[Image: null_zps5408eea5.jpg]

Here's the back of the sealed holder
[Image: null_zps3c14f52d.jpg]
Not too shabby, Doc. Maybe you should make all of your purchases blind. :-D
nice little haul
(12-10-2013, 08:05 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: [ -> ]Not too shabby, Doc. Maybe you should make all of your purchases blind. :-D
I got really, really lucky! Those cards could have easily been a graded selection of various Dillon Maples cards throughout his career. Smile
nice indeed! always loved that pepitone card
Awesome DrM....Joe Pepitone-the player who introduced the blow dryer to the MLB clubhouse. Congrats on the Maybin 10. That's a great lot of cards. Like Jared said.....lol. Thanks for sharing.
(12-10-2013, 09:30 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome DrM....Joe Pepitone-the player who introduced the blow dryer to the MLB clubhouse. Congrats on the Maybin 10. That's a great lot of cards. Like Jared said.....lol. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Joe!
Yeah, I think Pepitone was responsible for introducing more than just the BLOW dryer to the locker room. Smile
I checked the PSA population report and there is only one Maybin 10 graded card, so maybe I'll try and ebay it. Might get lucky with that too?
(12-10-2013, 08:21 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: [ -> ]nice little haul
Yeah, thanks. I was pretty happy when I saw some of those cards. Anytime I can pick up vintage Yankees in a blind purchase ... I'm doing good.
i could use the mcgwire and hafner
Very cool! Beckett doesn't do a good job of updating the BV on failed prospects. Or maybe Smoker has a rich family that pays big for his cards?