`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Super Collector Probs 2

Super Collector Probs 2
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the feedback on my last thread about collectors problems. But I have something else for you to think about,

I notice that my LCS (one hour away) has a lot of older hobby boxes still for sale. Some even dating back to 2006. With the millions of 1/1's deemed necessary to produce, how many of these gems are still "undiscovered"?? And also do those numbers on the box have a purpose or are they just there? Like panini knows what cards are in what box? It makes me wonder how many of my 1/1's are still in box up on shelf somewhere..they don't need to be on a shelf, but in my PC Smile

RE: Super Collector Probs 2
I know just last December a guy at my local shop pulled the Chris chambers 1/1 logo for LCM 2007. I got it from him but that was in a box for 6-7 years
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

If its not in a box still, and not for sale somewhere, then its has to be in someone's pc. That's the joys of the hobby, if there's a box to be opened you better break it.
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

(11-07-2013, 08:07 AM)gadsden86 Wrote: I know just last December a guy at my local shop pulled the Chris chambers 1/1 logo for LCM 2007. I got it from him but that was in a box for 6-7 years
what local shop? ... dont get to any in MA cept for the over priced toy vault in emerald square!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I have always thought about that. I know I haven't seen any 2008 LCM blacks 1/1 of H Douglas. The bad thing is that most of his cards are redemptions. Too bad you can't find out what hasn't been redeemed.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(11-07-2013, 10:31 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: what local shop? ... dont get to any in MA cept for the over priced toy vault in emerald square!
There's one in Saugus on Route 1 called Slap Shot. That's where I go at least.
Collecting Bruins, Jon Papelbon, Patriots

[Image: Stockinsert.jpg]

(11-07-2013, 10:31 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: what local shop? ... dont get to any in MA cept for the over priced toy vault in emerald square!
Its in Taunton. Downtown taunton sports card shop. I do a show there once a month on sundays.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(11-07-2013, 07:45 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Hey everyone! Thanks for all the feedback on my last thread about collectors problems. But I have something else for you to think about,

I notice that my LCS (one hour away) has a lot of older hobby boxes still for sale. Some even dating back to 2006. With the millions of 1/1's deemed necessary to produce, how many of these gems are still "undiscovered"?? And also do those numbers on the box have a purpose or are they just there? Like panini knows what cards are in what box? It makes me wonder how many of my 1/1's are still in box up on shelf somewhere..they don't need to be on a shelf, but in my PC Smile

It will always be very difficult to ever find all the 1/1's for 3 separate reasons.

1) They are in boxes somewhere not being opened.
2) They have been lost forever by kids or negligent collectors who move and misplace/throw them away.
3) Other collectors have them somewhere never to be sold again. Prob stuffed away in a closet or attic somewhere.

It's hard enough finding those oddball cards from 7-11, etc. I would focus on trying your best to get 100% in your non 1/1 collection. I don't even know anyone that has done that yet. The 1/1's are just a bonus.

I love that you are so passionate about your player collection. Keep it up and good luck!

As for redemption 1/1's, I wonder what the company does if a redemption expires. Do they destroy the card or is it given to an employee, etc, after the redemption date expires?
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

I know one thing, too many damn 1/1s being produced! I have several Ridley 1/1s, but there are several on the bay (specifically Threads) that are basically the same card made 10 different times with a different patch. Plus the sellers are asking WAAAAAAAAY too much for the ones on there right now. I already have several of them and I dint pay near what these astronomical figures they are asking for.

Unless its a reasonable deal, they are going to stay there. This month I am concentrating on my decades long mission, to acquire all Saints and LSU base cards
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(11-07-2013, 10:35 PM)duch2izback Wrote: I know one thing, too many damn 1/1s being produced! I have several Ridley 1/1s, but there are several on the bay (specifically Threads) that are basically the same card made 10 different times with a different patch. Plus the sellers are asking WAAAAAAAAY too much for the ones on there right now. I already have several of them and I dint pay near what these astronomical figures they are asking for.
I agree that way too many 1/1's are being produced. It's enough that each product has a 1/1. That's understandable. But, when they are producing a 1/1 for every parallel and insert, that's ridiculous. Plus having multiple 1/1's that all look the same takes away from the appeal and value IMO. That's one reason printing plates are so unpopular IMO.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.