`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Super Collector Probs 2

RE: Super Collector Probs 2
(11-07-2013, 07:57 PM)cgod26 Wrote: It will always be very difficult to ever find all the 1/1's for 3 separate reasons.

1) They are in boxes somewhere not being opened.
2) They have been lost forever by kids or negligent collectors who move and misplace/throw them away.
3) Other collectors have them somewhere never to be sold again. Prob stuffed away in a closet or attic somewhere.
I want to expound a little further on point 2. Anyone else ever wonder if some of these 1/1s have been wiped out due to hurricanes or floods? BTW, I know it is rather trivial when comparing it to the loss of human life as a casualty to these natural disasters, I understand that and it does not need to be explained to me. Nevertheless, it does make me wonder a little.

I will also state that I am not convinced that all 1/1s are indeed that. It is documented that multiple 1/1s exist for earlier Pinnacle, Score and Collector Edge releases for example. I for one own two 1997 Pinnacle 1/1s of the same card. Years ago I remember seeing a 2009 Topps Chrome Superfractor 1/1 being sold online and then seeing it again months later on auction by someone with a different username than the one who bought it the first time around. Was it sold to a friend then later flipped? It is very possible...or it could mean something else.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(11-08-2013, 02:49 AM)nittany13 Wrote: I want to expound a little further on point 2. Anyone else ever wonder if some of these 1/1s have been wiped out due to hurricanes or floods? BTW, I know it is rather trivial when comparing it to the loss of human life as a casualty to these natural disasters, I understand that and it does not need to be explained to me. Nevertheless, it does make me wonder a little.

I will also state that I am not convinced that all 1/1s are indeed that. It is documented that multiple 1/1s exist for earlier Pinnacle, Score and Collector Edge releases for example. I for one own two 1997 Pinnacle 1/1s of the same card. Years ago I remember seeing a 2009 Topps Chrome Superfractor 1/1 being sold online and then seeing it again months later on auction by someone with a different username than the one who bought it the first time around. Was it sold to a friend then later flipped? It is very possible...or it could mean something else.
That is a good point as well. I guess noone will ever know unless a collector claims it as a loss somewhere so everyone knows.

As for the multiple 1/1's. I also can claim this to be true as well. I have a graded brett favre 1/1 1998 xtra effort card and I have a friend/trader that collects favre and he also has this same card.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

(11-08-2013, 02:49 AM)nittany13 Wrote: I will also state that I am not convinced that all 1/1s are indeed that. It is documented that multiple 1/1s exist for earlier Pinnacle, Score and Collector Edge releases for example. I for one own two 1997 Pinnacle 1/1s of the same card. Years ago I remember seeing a 2009 Topps Chrome Superfractor 1/1 being sold online and then seeing it again months later on auction by someone with a different username than the one who bought it the first time around. Was it sold to a friend then later flipped? It is very possible...or it could mean something else.

Keep in mind too that back then Ebay was horrible about dealing with shill bidding and a person buying their own cards. I seen the same thing happen above but within a day of ending and even in the same day. A card ended with bids and later, it was relisted. I asked the buyer what happened and they said that the buyer backed out. That could happen, but the seller backed out right after winning the item and messaged the person right away and told them they wasn't going to pay......Yeah right.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

That is very good point about being able to see if a 1/1 has been redeemed. My PC does not have redemptions (thank God) but I see them all the time on here where people get a lot of replacement cards. So they don't ever really have the card they say they do. It's a, well you might get this one or maybe these ones instead kinda thing lol. They need to have a database somewhere with the cards on file and could look to see if card/s have been boughten. Through the box number on that shiny sticker usually.

Well, you could always collect a player like John Elway that makes it impossible to actually be a SC. Reasons:

1) Too many other collectors of him;
2) Even collectors who don't specifically collect him, enjoy getting one of his cards;
3) Too many cards have been made;
4) Too many cards, yet to be made;
5) The expense of many of his cards.

Simply put, collecting Elway makes it easy. I can't have CLOSE to everything so I just focus on the ones I REALLY like and don't lose sleep over the others.
http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel

(11-08-2013, 01:58 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: That is very good point about being able to see if a 1/1 has been redeemed. My PC does not have redemptions (thank God) but I see them all the time on here where people get a lot of replacement cards. So they don't ever really have the card they say they do. It's a, well you might get this one or maybe these ones instead kinda thing lol. They need to have a database somewhere with the cards on file and could look to see if card/s have been boughten. Through the box number on that shiny sticker usually.
That is a great idea. The only problem is that the companies don't care after the product leaves their warehouse and some card shops would be willing to participate. It would be a lot more work inventory wise for stors/sellers. But if there was an online database, it would be a little easier. Also, there are collectors out there looking for products to buy that is hard to find. I would love to know where some 1999 Collectors Edge Masters are at so I could buy a few boxes to complete my set. I could trade for some and I know another collector who asked me to send my list, but I really want boxes.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(11-08-2013, 02:23 PM)elway4king Wrote: Well, you could always collect a player like John Elway that makes it impossible to actually be a SC. Reasons:

1) Too many other collectors of him;
2) Even collectors who don't specifically collect him, enjoy getting one of his cards;
3) Too many cards have been made;
4) Too many cards, yet to be made;
5) The expense of many of his cards.

Simply put, collecting Elway makes it easy. I can't have CLOSE to everything so I just focus on the ones I REALLY like and don't lose sleep over the others.
True. The good thing though is Elway is in high demand so even his obscure oddball cards surface online which is always a good thing.

What happened to the days where when a player retired, you never seen a card of him again? I can understand having a "players of the past" insert or something like that. But having Elway, Favre, Marino, etc in the base set seem to go overboard IMO.

Even Bo Jackson gets tons and tons of cards made and he hasn't played in over 20 years. I love Bo, but "c'mon man" lol.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.