`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vintage grading questions...

RE: vintage grading questions...
Grades are back. I was a little disappointing in the Mantle grade , but more than happy with the Mays. I also had one more done and was pretty happy with that grade too.

[Image: 1951B_Mantle_graded_zpsc9b938ce.jpg]

[Image: 1951B_Mays_graded_zpsdd15b775.jpg]

[Image: 1939_play_ball_92_williams_graded_zpsf6a04c04.jpg]
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Very nice grades on the Williams and the Mays, not sure what's going on with the Mantle. Is there some slight paper lose or marking on the card that we can't see in the scan?
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(11-04-2013, 07:27 AM)randall44 Wrote: Very nice grades on the Williams and the Mays, not sure what's going on with the Mantle. Is there some slight paper lose or marking on the card that we can't see in the scan?
No paper loss, it is off center, there are a few very slight creases on the bat which can been seen better on the original scan, and the small wax stain on the back. In all I have seen much worse cards graded three or better. I am disappointed in the grade, but not totally shocked.
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Too late for you now, but when I had cards graded at SGC, as soon as the grades were posted online and before they were mailed, I called them and asked specific questions about a couple grades that surprised me and they were very helpful and willing to explain to me. Regardless, great cards.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Wow, I think you made out really well with the Mays. I didn't see it getting that high of a grade. After another look at your original scan, it looks like there are several creases on the Mantle as you said, so I can see the grade after taking that into consideration. Nonetheless, congrats - some nice cards.