`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps chrome update

RE: Topps chrome update
(10-26-2013, 09:52 PM)djohn Wrote: I was able to snag 3 more boxes at Target tonight. I got 2 more Puig Chrome cards, interestingly they are 2 different versions (card numbers MB-41 and MB-53). I also got a Post Season Highlight of Jeter and another gold card (this time it was Miguel Cabrera #'d 152/250). I am definitely going to finish this set, and may try for the Post Season insert set as well.
I pulled the Nolan Ryan if yoy wind up doing the set.

(10-26-2013, 10:21 PM)Neifert Wrote: I pulled the Nolan Ryan if yoy wind up doing the set.
Thanks, but I already pulled that one. The gold refractors look really nice, so if I can pull a few of the bigger names (like Puig) I may go after that set as well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-24-2013, 02:26 PM)cspen Wrote: The pictures are the same but the numbering is different.
Just change the numbers and expect people to pay for it like it's a totally new product? Topps is too honorable to do anything like that. You must be mistaken.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(10-26-2013, 09:52 PM)djohn Wrote: I was able to snag 3 more boxes at Target tonight. I got 2 more Puig Chrome cards, interestingly they are 2 different versions (card numbers MB-41 and MB-53). I also got a Post Season Highlight of Jeter and another gold card (this time it was Miguel Cabrera #'d 152/250). I am definitely going to finish this set, and may try for the Post Season insert set as well.
I have a couple Postseason Heroes insert cards that I will add as soon as it's possible

(10-26-2013, 10:21 PM)Neifert Wrote: I pulled the Nolan Ryan if yoy wind up doing the set.
I see you found it

They just changed the numbering to MB-? to reflect they are only found in what are called Mega Boxes.

I bought two boxes which gave me four packs. Nothing of note until the last of the four packs which yielded these bad boys:

[Image: RJ0nV69l.jpg]

Brian Wilson /250

[Image: rkkr2Ttl.jpg]

The Chrome version of Craig's Update relic. The scan doesn't do it justice. Chrome relics are awesome!

They're both for sale on feebay.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(10-27-2013, 01:12 PM)djohn Wrote: Thanks, but I already pulled that one. The gold refractors look really nice, so if I can pull a few of the bigger names (like Puig) I may go after that set as well.
Reggie Jackson, Miguel Cabrera, Saberhagen or Gibson?

(10-27-2013, 09:38 PM)Neifert Wrote: Reggie Jackson, Miguel Cabrera, Saberhagen or Gibson?
Out of those I have the Gibson. However I am definitely going to buy some more boxes before starting to trade for any (as I don't want to trade for cards to finish a set only to pull them in the next box I open).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

How can you tell if a card is Short print and so on?

Just bought my 4th box and pulled the same Puig and Myers cards as the first box. I have bought four and pulled a puig out of three of them.