`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps chrome update

RE: Topps chrome update
I am hoping to find some of those blasters this weekend. I always put together the Topps Update set, and when I heard about these boxes several weeks ago I got excited about the Topps Chrome coming back to Update. I definitely hope Walmart or Target near me have some.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-24-2013, 04:56 PM)cross4444 Wrote: How does Puig have a RC in Chrome Update and regular Chrome?
His "rookie debut" card (running the bases) is chromed up for the chrome update set.

(10-24-2013, 05:50 PM)Neifert Wrote: I checked Walmart and didn't see any of those?
they were on the bottom shelf behind the post

Got a box today, not much in the update packs but got a profar and puig in the chrome update

I was able to convince my wife that we needed to stop at Walmart on our way back from dinner and I was able to snag the 4 boxes they had there. I got a Puig in the base Update, but nothing else worth mentioning. In the Chrome I got RCs of Puig, Profar and Gerrit Cole, which I am happy with. I also got a Gold Refractor of David Wright #'d 012/250, and 4 of the Post Season Heroes Chrome cards with Nolan Ryan being the best of them. Oh and I also nabbed a Chrome Relic card of Jose Fernandez. I'm hoping I can find some more of the boxes as I want to put together the Chrome set.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

(10-25-2013, 09:16 PM)djohn Wrote: I was able to convince my wife that we needed to stop at Walmart on our way back from dinner and I was able to snag the 4 boxes they had there. I got a Puig in the base Update, but nothing else worth mentioning. In the Chrome I got RCs of Puig, Profar and Gerrit Cole, which I am happy with. I also got a Gold Refractor of David Wright #'d 012/250, and 4 of the Post Season Heroes Chrome cards with Nolan Ryan being the best of them. Oh and I also nabbed a Chrome Relic card of Jose Fernandez. I'm hoping I can find some more of the boxes as I want to put together the Chrome set.
When you say you want to put together a chrome set what do you actually mean? Noobie question. Sorry

Found them at Target last night they had about 10 boxes. Only grabbed 1 just to see what the fuss was about. Still haven't seen a checklist for the Chrome Update set just that it's around 50 or so total cards.

Not a bad price at $15 so basically around $2 a pack or so as you get 5 regular update and 2 chrome update packs per box.

(10-25-2013, 10:52 PM)mthsgrg32 Wrote: When you say you want to put together a chrome set what do you actually mean? Noobie question. Sorry
It means I want to get 1 of every card in the set, so that I have a complete set. I prefer to do it the old fashioned way, which is to buy packs until I have all the cards needed. Although there is a point at which I will start looking to trade to finish the set, if it makes more sense.

^^^^ This

I do my sets by buying packs, blasters, racks etc.... but once you are down to the last 20-25 or so it's cheaper to just do the "Pick 10" type auctions on ebay to finish it off because the chances of getting 90% dupes only needing that few are pretty high.

I was able to snag 3 more boxes at Target tonight. I got 2 more Puig Chrome cards, interestingly they are 2 different versions (card numbers MB-41 and MB-53). I also got a Post Season Highlight of Jeter and another gold card (this time it was Miguel Cabrera #'d 152/250). I am definitely going to finish this set, and may try for the Post Season insert set as well.