`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for opinions: 2013 Topps Update Hobby vs. Jumbo

RE: Looking for opinions: 2013 Topps Update Hobby vs. Jumbo
Jumbo. You get the complete set and are done with it. Odds of an auto in a regular hobby box are like 1 or 2 per case.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(10-16-2013, 02:52 PM)Bruce3D Wrote: Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm firmly on the fence on this one, after looking into it a bit more. I'll post the break once I get whatever I end up deciding to get.
Firmly on the fence? Man, this is the first time I've seen an opinion with a unanimous outcome from this group ... the swing is clearly to Jumbo and you're still undecided? All I can say is wow! Now watch ... After saying that you pick up one Hobby box and get a 1/1 Puig auto relic card and make me feel like a jerk telling you to get a jumbo Smile either way, I always like Topps Update, so you can't really go wrong .... good luck!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-17-2013, 04:08 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Firmly on the fence? Man, this is the first time I've seen an opinion with a unanimous outcome from this group ... the swing is clearly to Jumbo and you're still undecided? All I can say is wow! Now watch ... After saying that you pick up one Hobby box and get a 1/1 Puig auto relic card and make me feel like a jerk telling you to get a jumbo Smile either way, I always like Topps Update, so you can't really go wrong .... good luck!!
Haha well I'm not a Puig fan so if that happened, it'd hit ebay pretty quickly. I'm on the fence because I can get two hobby boxes for the same price as one jumbo. Two hobby boxes will get me on average 26 more inserts/parallels. Two game-useds vs. one auto, one manufactured relic, and one game-used. And while a jumbo will get me a full base set, two hobby boxes have a good chance of getting a full set, or at least close enough that I can pick up the ones I need for 25 cents a pop on Beckett's marketplace. But on the other hand, I have a better chance of getting low numbered and harder to get parallels of all the cards from the jumbo than the hobby boxes.

So ... I'm on the fence!