`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
[Rant] Trading and Check my Org [Rant]

[Rant] Trading and Check my Org [Rant]
Who here is tired of offering something for sale or for trade (or asking about something for sale/trade) and the response is "Look at my org" *Explitive* Just Tell ME!!!

I am used to trading same day. I say i have this, i want this. Someone comes along and says, I'v got it, lets trade. We both hang out in the forum or exchange emails or some chat site and get to it. We don't stop til we're done or the trade falls through. period! what is so hard about that! GGRRRRRRRRR!

I waited 5 days for someone to look at my list after i looked at their org and saw cards i needed. then the response was, "oh i dont have that year." Its in your *explitive* org! And the list was for 2 seperate years. i did not mention it as the trader was too lazy to look so *explitive* them! (i was polite!)

Another trade. I start the trade, 3 days later, i get a response, great ! no prob.. they didn't know i wanted to trade with them.. but they are now informed of a possible trade, so stay with it right? nope! Other guy says "look at my want list" (to be expected).. I offered what they have in the list and WAAAAYY more.. i even said, i will PAY! tell me how much.. now i wait.. 2 days plus.. no response.. sheesh

So since this is the Help forum.. tell me.. (LOL) is it me that needs the help? Are trades/sales here not taken seriously? (forgive me, but please, no "people get busy" excuses. I do too! But i set aside time to get the trade/sale done). And (the help part), what can i do or say to put a fire under the other person to get it done?? HELP!! Theres gotta be something. IDEA: All trade/sales must be done in 48 hrs or the database erases them (I can dream!).

Anyway.. i feel better now.. got that out.. so now i wait some more. One day i will get the cards i need. Big Grin
Btw.. my first trade/sale went perfectly like i described above in the second paragraph. But i guess it was beginners luck! lol! Just wanted to state that so the reader knows it has not all been bad..
I've got Pro Set for Trade. All years, All sports, including Non-Sport and Errors and Variations. I collect All Pro Set and All Baseball from 1980 - 1991.

RE: [Rant] Trading and Check my Org [Rant]
everybodys different man, some people are on top of it like you are and make sure it gets done right away, and well unfortunately some people aren't, they are as you say "people get busy" lol.

ive had trades go both ways, and I don't let it bother me, just be patient that's all I can say.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

I have done over 400 trades here and for some folks it is the fast and easy road and for others it takes a few days and to be honest I have been the one to take a few days as well. Like mrdub says, don't let it bother you and be patient.

Mik
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

I have about three or four guys that I trade with regularly now, specifically because of all the a-- hatness that goes on with trades.

I've not had any major issues, though I've only been trading since February. I have gotten in around 75 trades so far, and I've found that there are people who won't respond to trade requests, some that trade lower end cards for mid range cards and vise versa, some that don't, some that say one thing and do another, but I've found around 60 some odd people who are great traders, and are willing to work with me on trades. Just remember, be like water on a duck's back, if it doesn't work, someone doesn't respond, or someone doesn't end up trading, don't let it get you upset, just let it slide off of you. If someone wants the cards you have, and you want some that they have, it's in both of your interests to work something out. Otherwise, shake the dust off and trade with someone else! Smile

You also have to remember that Beckett sends us no notification of a trade proposal, yes, I know you can set it up to receive an email but 90% of the time it doesn't happen until you get the notification that the trade was canceled, and the "card is no longer needed"

They seriously need to make up some sort of notification that when you log in it pops up and says you have a trade offer, or a Pm, etc... instead of having to go to 3 or 4 pages before you find it.

I know, I have missed out on trades for cards that I have that other members wanted, only because I do not check my trade page unless I get that little email, by then it's too late.....
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

yeah.. patience is the key to start.. once started, i seem to run out.. hehe.. but i am much better now after a long night of sleep and even another cat nap.. ready to wait some more! and yes.. just checked.. no notifications.. lol
I've got Pro Set for Trade. All years, All sports, including Non-Sport and Errors and Variations. I collect All Pro Set and All Baseball from 1980 - 1991.

I rarely trade anymore and if someone offers me a trade it could be a week before I even check it. Notifications need to be fixed bad! Sad part is when I see I have an offer, if I have time I glance at it and if its simple enough the trade gets done, otherwise I am busy and don't have time to trade, hence why I don't trade too often anymore, and mostly forget if I cant get it taken care of in a glance.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-02-2013, 03:57 AM)TaToRz Wrote: Who here is tired of offering something for sale or for trade (or asking about something for sale/trade) and the response is "Look at my org" *Explitive* Just Tell ME!!!

I am used to trading same day. I say i have this, i want this. Someone comes along and says, I'v got it, lets trade. We both hang out in the forum or exchange emails or some chat site and get to it. We don't stop til we're done or the trade falls through. period! what is so hard about that! GGRRRRRRRRR!

I waited 5 days for someone to look at my list after i looked at their org and saw cards i needed. then the response was, "oh i dont have that year." Its in your *explitive* org! And the list was for 2 seperate years. i did not mention it as the trader was too lazy to look so *explitive* them! (i was polite!)

Another trade. I start the trade, 3 days later, i get a response, great ! no prob.. they didn't know i wanted to trade with them.. but they are now informed of a possible trade, so stay with it right? nope! Other guy says "look at my want list" (to be expected).. I offered what they have in the list and WAAAAYY more.. i even said, i will PAY! tell me how much.. now i wait.. 2 days plus.. no response.. sheesh

So since this is the Help forum.. tell me.. (LOL) is it me that needs the help? Are trades/sales here not taken seriously? (forgive me, but please, no "people get busy" excuses. I do too! But i set aside time to get the trade/sale done). And (the help part), what can i do or say to put a fire under the other person to get it done?? HELP!! Theres gotta be something. IDEA: All trade/sales must be done in 48 hrs or the database erases them (I can dream!).

Anyway.. i feel better now.. got that out.. so now i wait some more. One day i will get the cards i need. Big Grin
Btw.. my first trade/sale went perfectly like i described above in the second paragraph. But i guess it was beginners luck! lol! Just wanted to state that so the reader knows it has not all been bad..
some of us have been here for years and you have no idea how bad the site issues have been with the org and some of us have lives. i have over 600 trades here and we often dont trust newbies either. and check your thread rating! you are not making friends buddy! but thanks for the rant as i now have put you on my no trade list...
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(10-02-2013, 06:50 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: some of us have been here for years and you have no idea how bad the site issues have been with the org and some of us have lives. i have over 600 trades here and we often dont trust newbies either. and check your thread rating! you are not making friends buddy! but thanks for the rant as i now have put you on my no trade list...
thread rating? haha! and i am glad that someone who takes offense for me just stating a prob lets me know up front! I now will never trade with you either! good day sir!