`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yes I'm behind the 8 ball...but time for my Rivera thread

RE: yes I'm behind the 8 ball...but time for my Rivera thread
with everyone adding some beautiful cards of the G.O.A.T. wanted to just share this [Image: MarianoRiveraAutographedMiniHelmet_zpsa1a0a315.jpg]

(09-30-2013, 02:56 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Not trying to show you up. But figured I would share the only GU's and Man. Patch card that I have of the GREATEST CLOSER that ever lived. I too shared similar emotions. Was watching the game on YES Network and everything was all good. Started thinking when Joe would bring Mo in. The call game and Mo came out. All was still gravy. Wasn't until I saw Andy & Jeter come out ...That brought out laughter...saw Jeter mouth out "It's time to go" Mariano Hugged ANDY and BOOM Mo's knees BUCKELED at that moment I realized it. THE SANDMAN. THE MAN that broke more bats in history of the game showed us that FOR A DAY THERE COULD BE CRYING IN BASEBALL. Raw Emotions from a guy that rarely showed any. Was a great moment to take in.. Not just as a Yankees fan but a BASEBALL fan. 3 great guys sharing that moment in time on the mound at Yankee Stadium and if you get a chance to go back and watch it. check out the face of JR Murphy. he will forever be tied into history as the last guy to catch a pitch from Mariano Rivera and Matt Daley was the guy who relieved him on his last day.
Well said, my Yankee Bro!
The only thing missing? ... They should've had Posada there, too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Wow! He's got a great auto! So rare to see a modern player who's auto doesn't look like a sneeze!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Mariano's auto is right up there with Harmon Killebrew's and Andre Dawson's extremely nice autos! IMO Currently liking Shelby Miller and Brett Jack .... Um, I meant Brett Jackson Smile
FYI: Mariano's MLB signed ball is currently topping out at $350 on Steiner. Wow!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have these for trade and also a YSL not pictured.. but my wants are very Jose Canseco specific

[Image: morivera002.jpg]
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

(10-01-2013, 06:50 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Mariano's auto is right up there with Harmon Killebrew's and Andre Dawson's extremely nice autos! IMO Currently liking Shelby Miller and Brett Jack .... Um, I meant Brett Jackson Smile
FYI: Mariano's MLB signed ball is currently topping out at $350 on Steiner. Wow!
did you notice that Steiner was milking that last Mariano Game to death. buy this for $99 buy this for $150 buy this for $242

(10-02-2013, 02:48 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: did you notice that Steiner was milking that last Mariano Game to death. buy this for $99 buy this for $150 buy this for $242
He's a biz-guy! All about the Benjamins, etc. He's a great source of Yankee memorabilia (i.e. My Yankee Stadium Chair) but you pay for the convenience. Smile

Take myyyyy haaaand...off to never,never laaaaand...

[Image: MoTopps_zps1197c776.jpg]

[Image: Mofleer_zps61cde313.jpg]

[Image: MoSP_zpsd34bf150.jpg]

[Image: mosingletriple_zpsaa179153.jpg]

[Image: Motripletriple_zps70208604.jpg]

Mattingly Collection.2503 different

I'm looking for Mattingly,Pujols,All Current
& Great Yankees,& HOFers in all Sports.
[Image: e1a26f5e-c283-43da-a60f-eb714950ec46_zpsa04dbf07.jpg]

Just pulled from a fresh box last month. Thinking about grading, though it would mainly be for the slab since it's never leaving my PC. Worth the grade?

[Image: dw11s471x450.jpg]

Love the second year card too!

[Image: et88c5nbx450.jpg]

And this that I picked up at the National this year

[Image: BQx4dsFCUAAFzpC.jpg]
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(10-03-2013, 09:42 AM)glassnickels Wrote: Just pulled from a fresh box last month. Thinking about grading, though it would mainly be for the slab since it's never leaving my PC. Worth the grade?

[Image: dw11s471x450.jpg]

Love the second year card too!

[Image: et88c5nbx450.jpg]

And this that I picked up at the National this year

[Image: BQx4dsFCUAAFzpC.jpg]
if you don't mind me asking what you pay for the photo?