`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROPER WAY TO HANDLE SITUATION?

RE: PROPER WAY TO HANDLE SITUATION?
Sounds like they sent out that package as soon as possible to close the deal the way he wanted to...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I have never traded & I even know that was a scumbag thing to do. You were 100% in the right. I hope that it all works out for you.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Go right to a mod if they won't reconcile to your satisfaction. I like most everyone here have screwed up and try to make it right. Just had a trade where the other trader after tade was accepted figured out they didn't have a crummy base card on his end and ended up sending me a relic as a replacement. Now that was way over and above and I will def make up to them if we trade in the future. Don't let it slide.

Be careful calling folks out before talking with a mod. Not fair to the other as we only have your side of the story, and with the forums becoming a ghost town lately, we don't need them becoming "jerk" boards like other sites. Good luck!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(09-14-2013, 09:12 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Be careful calling folks out before talking with a mod. Not fair to the other as we only have your side of the story, and with the forums becoming a ghost town lately, we don't need them becoming "jerk" boards like other sites. Good luck!
Yeah, gotta say, Joe is right and I was wrong. Go to a moderator first before naming names. That's more sensible.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-14-2013, 04:23 AM)Haze28 Wrote: The mistake was totally on him and its just plain stupid for him to just send you a card that you didint even pick out. Did he ding you on the feedback or give good feedback with a BS comment? I'd put him on my no trade list if I knew who it was.
Yeah, he left me that comment that I was a difficult trader...totally bogus but I cannot remove.

(09-14-2013, 05:13 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: 1) don't get all 'roid-rage-cranky' on us, ARod Smile
Be a little patient, your post was up for an hour with no comments ... Boo - freakin' -hoo! Smile
I'm just kidding with you !
2) Agreed with all the above comments and suggestions!
Actually, You should call him out by name and warn us, because you will never trade with him and neither will Anyone here, knowing how he screwed up your deal and didn't really try to make it right .... Besides, public shame is a tried and true form of punishment. He deserves some chastising, IMO!
LOL!!! Mitch, you are killing me here...if its not you its the ROIDS!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. The thing that irks me the most is the comment he left on my Feedback page since those comments are public. I know I have traded with most you before and hope it does not affect any future trades.

(09-15-2013, 01:13 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: Yeah, he left me that comment that I was a difficult trader...totally bogus but I cannot remove.

LOL!!! Mitch, you are killing me here...if its not you its the ROIDS!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. The thing that irks me the most is the comment he left on my Feedback page since those comments are public. I know I have traded with most you before and hope it does not affect any future trades.
Glad you took my comments as light and funny. Was worried you might be offended at my attempt at humor. Smile
You sound reasonable and I would trade with you, regardless of the "difficult" comment.
Like Phillies_Joe mentioned, Maybe you should talk to a moderator and he/she can do something about the negative feedback comment?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Super. Same trader as my bad trade it would appear. Sorry for the luck arod0770710, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

If I were to make an error such as this I even gave up some PC cards to make it right. Heck I even had one collector here said I missed a card in shipping and we can take care of it in our next trade. 1 year went by before the next trade and he remembered and I still had the card. I totally forgot but now the card is in the rightful owners hands.

He/She should have done whatever it took to make it right. Leaving you a negitive when it was his mistake in the first place was wrong. Remember him/her and pu ton your dont trade list.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Hmmm. Now makes me wonder if I actually sent a damaged card to the trader in question. Traded with him 2 years or so ago and got an email from him claiming a Griffey Jr RC I sent was damaged and I allowed him to pick a replacement. The only time I have ever had anyone here or on Ebay claim damage to a card they received from me. Between this thread and another that was on here today about the trader makes me wonder if this is a long running pattern

Trader in question returned my original cards, package postmarked the day after I called him out on the boards, and two days after he actually marked his end shipped. 5 weeks after he received my cards in the first place, and 6 weeks after the trade was accepted.

Avoid this guy folks.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1544851.html
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile