`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Additions to my autograph collection - updated 9/19/16

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 9/14/15 - Bob Cousy!
It's been a month since my last update. I have been focusing on other areas of my collection recently, but have picked up a few more basketball autos. I actually got another NBA@50 auto off my list with the addition of the Billy Cunningham auto, as well as more Archibald and Drexler autos (though I already had one of each, so some may end up going to be tradebait).
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 10/19/15 - More NBA@50 autos
That Greatest 'Graphs really is a sweet looking set. Nice stuff as always!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(10-19-2015, 08:26 PM)buckunteer Wrote: That Greatest 'Graphs really is a sweet looking set. Nice stuff as always!
I agree, and think Gold Standard has some of the nicest looking cards. I just wish they had more on-card autographs as that would make them even better.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

I finally landed an Oscar Robertson auto along with a few others including and upgrade for Isiah Thomas. So now my NBA@50 autograph list is down to what I consider the Big 4 in terms of cost: Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, and Pete Maravich. I am really hoping that Barkley starts signing for Panini (or even Leaf) so that more of his autographs get out there and help lower the price. If not soon then I may cave in and buy a PSA certified autographed rookie card, as they look nice and usually go for significantly less than the few pack inserts autos.
[Image: Oscar-Robertson.jpg?id=84ac7f15-0745-44e...e=original]
[Image: Isiah-Thomas.jpg?id=7414d6aa-70ae-46a5-a...e=original]
[Image: Kiki-Vandeweghe.jpg?id=081cdf98-71ba-461...e=original]
Almost forgot about this one, as I got it over a week ago and never posted it. When I bought it for some reason I had forgotten that I already got a Havlicek auto, so one of them will be an extra (just not sure which I like better).

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 11/4/15 - Big O
I like the look of that Isaiah auto.

Also love the Hondo of course, even though he should be in a Buckeye jersey Wink
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 11/4/15 - Big O
I won an eBay auction from Asia, and when I do I always check for other cards for combined shipping. The initial cost of shipping from Asia is usually high, but additional cards usually don't add much and a lot of low end cards get overlooked by regular bidders who either don't want to pay the high shipping cost for the single card or don't want to buy from Asia. In any case I got these 2 cards added to my shipment for under $3 total. Not bad considering they're both numbered to 49. I already have autos of each, but figured at the price it was worth picking them up for future tradebait (if I ever get back to trading on here again).

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 11/9/15
I love old school autos! 2014-15 Prestige was full of them this year! short shorts! Can't wait for court kings release.
SEE MORE HITS! Follow me on Twitter:
TWITTER

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 11/9/15
Some people have been deeply discounting cards on COMC. My guess is they are trying to generate money in their accounts to be getting ready for Black Friday sales. Whether it's true or not I don't care, but I was able to pick up a few autos on the cheap. First off, I upgraded my Tim Hardaway autograph to one of him in a NBA uniform.
[Image: Tim-Hardaway.jpg?id=9de291b1-51cd-460d-8...e=original]

I don't normally share my rookie pick-ups but figured I would add them this time. I picked up a few of these dual autos from National Treasures. I'm not sure why I like this set, but I have picked quite a few over the past year. These were all $3 or less, which is crazy cheap when you compare that to the price of a box of National Treasures.
[Image: Andrew-Nicholson-Gustavo-Ayon.jpg?id=f7e...e=original]
[Image: Doron-Lamb-Isaiah-Thomas.jpg?id=9fde4152...e=original]
[Image: Fab-Melo-Nikola-Vucevic.jpg?id=c735b4ef-...e=original]
I actually got 2 of the Melo/Vucevic autos, but only showing 1 of them in pics.

Finally, I picked up another 11-12 Past and Present Draft Pick Auto. I have been debating about putting this set together ever since I pulled the Kyrie Irving card. I didn't have this one yet, and figured for $2 and change it was worth grabbing.
[Image: Iman-Shumpert.jpg?id=17f217ab-13f3-4a49-...e=original]

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 11/16/15
Very nice additions!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

RE: Additions to my autograph collection - updated 11/16/15
Great additions man! I really like the design on that Select Hardaway.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]