`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First time for everything....what to do?

RE: First time for everything....what to do?
The strange thing is it actually was shipped in a bubble mailer. I have no clue how it could have happened to be honest. I didn't pay much for it, but I contacted the seller anyway, and have yet to get a response.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: First time for everything....what to do?
(08-17-2013, 11:30 AM)SGC300ier Wrote: The strange thing is it actually was shipped in a bubble mailer. I have no clue how it could have happened to be honest. I didn't pay much for it, but I contacted the seller anyway, and have yet to get a response.
It sounds like the bubble mailer went through the machine instead of being hand sorted. This happens when someone puts basic postage (i.e. around $0.88 on a thin bubble mailer) instead of the "thick envelope" postage which is $1.69 thru PayPal and a little bit more at the post office. I used to use the automated machines at the post office to send bubble mailers and made sure the mailers were under the minimum package thickness to save on shipping costs. Then I had an incident where a damaged card arrived and I found out from the post office that if the bubble mailer is under a certain thickness it can be shipped for under $1 but it goes through their sorting machine (which can cause damage as it squeezes the package). It looks like that is what happened here, or the mail man was chased by a dog and the dog got a bite out of your mail. Whichever the case, I would inform the seller and see how he responds. I always find it best to start with a basic dialog regarding the damage rather than immediately demanding a refund. More sellers are apt to give a full refund when you start off nice, than when you put them on the defensive by demanding a refund.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/