`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First time for everything....what to do?

First time for everything....what to do?
Well, going through my mail today and this guy arrived (realize it's hockey, but no one checks the hockey forums).

Never had a card arrived damaged before....

[Image: 5745bdc4-14cf-4773-8c3b-4621ccb51c68_zps319f2c19.jpg]

Now my question is what do I do?

I contacted the seller, but should I try and get my money back or just let it go?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: First time for everything....what to do?
the seller is responsible to make sure that the product gets there safely. even if the PO boinked it, the onus is on the seller. he must refund you, period. this is why insurance is the responsibility of the seller, not the buyer.

(08-16-2013, 10:10 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I contacted the seller, but should I try and get my money back or just let it go?
Being said without any idea what you paid for it..........

TRY...there sb no 2 ways about it....you are owed all your money back. Show them what you showed us. Don't let 'em talk you into a partial refund either. Tell them you want all your money back...then tell them they must pay you to ship it back. After seeing the card, they may tell you to just keep it.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks guys. This is a set I'm working on, and LUCKILY I have another one of these and it's not one of the lower numbered pieces. I'd cry if it were the Crosby /25 which I have coming next week.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

I would get a refund unless I only paid a little for it
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

wow, thats terrible. sure is a nice looking card. i'd be hulk smashing right now if that were me
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Was the package that it came in damaged? That looks like it may have happened during shipping. I could be wrong.

(08-17-2013, 10:08 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Was the package that it came in damaged? That looks like it may have happened during shipping. I could be wrong.
it definitely happened during shipping. still the seller's responsibility, which is why the seller should have used insurance to protect themselves

which, by the way, is a huge change to ebay coming: all ebay labels with now come with 50 dollars of insurance for free

(08-16-2013, 10:19 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Being said without any idea what you paid for it..........

TRY...there sb no 2 ways about it....you are owed all your money back. Show them what you showed us. Don't let 'em talk you into a partial refund either. Tell them you want all your money back...then tell them they must pay you to ship it back. After seeing the card, they may tell you to just keep it.
If their return policy is for the buyer to pay to return it then trying to bully them into paying for it will go nowhere. Most sellers don't pay for returns, shouldn't be expected to, and shouldn't receive negative feedback based on following their return policy. It's not their decision to choose to return something and isn't their responsibility to pay for it. Just because Amazon does it doesn't mean everyone has to.

Another new change coming to eBay: more types of malicious feedback will be subject to removal and buyer reprimand. Leaving a feedback saying the seller wouldn't pay for the return will fall into this.

That being said, if it were me that had shipped that it would be refunded in full without making the buyer return it. I'm going to guess that it wasn't shipped in a bubble mailer to save on shipping costs.

Yeah, that's uncalled for on the seller. My question is: did he package anything else around the toploader? Cardboard or anything? I don't know what the value on that card would be, but to me, if I ship any card that isn't a standard base or insert, I make sure to protect the toploader with a few base cards to try and prevent this sort of thing from happening.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics