`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pujols on steroids? OT

pujols on steroids? OT
i have heard many say he is one of the clean ones. i love him but have always doubted him too..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-st-l...00322.html

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

RE: pujols on steroids? OT
i dont think so, anybody can be "accused" of using PEDs but there is virtually no evidence. and in addition he was not exactly playing at king alberts standards.
#1 looking for YANKEES gu and autos

(08-09-2013, 12:37 PM)NY_baseball23 Wrote: i dont think so, anybody can be "accused" of using PEDs but there is virtually no evidence. and in addition he was not exactly playing at king alberts standards.
his injuries lately dont worry you? man i hope he isnt dont get me wrong but i dont know its looked fishy the last few years. and come on he came out of nowhere in the minors.

what do u mean by alberts standards. u just lost me there? good talking though man

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(08-09-2013, 12:32 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: i have heard many say he is one of the clean ones. i love him but have always doubted him too..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-st-l...00322.html
I hope it is not true. A lot of the older era players will be quick to throw new age players under the bus, I'm sure...

But, Pujols burst onto the scene with crazy numbers... and the dude looks like he juices... There are no crazy before/after pics like there was with Bonds, but if he was juicing prior to MLB which the article states, that would make sense. He also had the super-human aspect to him injury-wise etc...While I hope it's not true, if I had to put my money on one side of the two, I'd lean towards yes. All speculation of course.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I agree with petillo64 - he just seemed a little too good to be true. But of course no evidence so I never condemned him per se. I hope it's not true so that MLB doesn't take yet another hit. Pujols was always a fan favorite because he put up consistently good numbers and was a good guy, no issues with police and such. To have him fall would hurt the sport even more.

I've said it in other PED related posts but I do agree with one of Bonds comments after he retired:

"I was paid to entertain you. Were you entertained?"

Granted I do have issues with how much we pay our entertainers to begin with, across all sports and movies and whatnot. They should be paid well yes, but some of these contracts are just ridiculous. You can't tell me $9 mill a year instead of $10 mill a year is gonna cause them to no longer be able to entertain us or live their lives lol

well said guys! agree with you akt and petillo.

also petillo what got you into collecting yoenis?? im cuban so i love your collecting him!

that's a tough one,his let down this year number wise would lead one to believe he is now clean and possibily in the past was on them ,just looking statwise anyway ,but i want to believe he's clean
i think they may have been scared straight with all the scrutiny(i'll throw bautista in this same group as pujols)
question-what was maris on ? horse steroids??? yeah i went there lol brady anderson,brian roberts,andruw jones,jose reyes???????bret boone destoyed his career over it,luckily it was just his career,i.e. -caminitti

(08-09-2013, 01:38 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: well said guys! agree with you akt and petillo.

also petillo what got you into collecting yoenis?? im cuban so i love your collecting him!
For the A's, the 36 mill/4 years on unproven talent is unheard of... Major "power-move" by Oakland/Beane-standards.

It's frustrating being an A's fan and collecting. For instance, several months ago I started a Grant Green mini-collection and then he was traded to the Angels. When we signed Yoenis my wife bought me his 2012 Tier 1 auto off of E-bay. I hadn't collected cards in 7 or 8 years... It was sparked from there! 110 different 2009/2012 Cespedes cards later, she now tells me all the time that she wishes she never bought that card hahahahahaha.

Local radio is already talking about if Beane will trade him in the off-season... As long as it's not in-division or to the Yanks/Bo-sox I'll probably still collect him after he leaves Oakland.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Steroids, no. I am more suspicious about his stated age, but I lean towards believing him on that point as well. Pujols might be greedy, but he's not a cheater. Jack Clark can stuff it. His radio show is irritating, not funny, and now he takes a shot at Pujols? I guess Clark is expecting a nation of disgruntled Cardinals fans to jump on his bandwagon and throw rocks at Pujols. Problem for Clark is that most (if not all) Cardinal fans are over the grief of losing a true champion, and only wish the best for Pujols. At least, that's how I feel about him. Hoping this story doesn't go viral.
[Image: e19afff4-99a1-4412-8e67-51e82ccbd7dc_zps83e35882.jpg]

Clark also brought up Verlanders name as someone who might have been juicing. http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/for...index.html