`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who disappointed you the most?

RE: Who disappointed you the most?
(08-05-2013, 12:44 AM)DavidLanceRoten Wrote: I was more disappointed that Don Mattingly retired the year before the Yankees got a title. Can't say I'm disappointed in any of the players listed. They did nothing to hurt me. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Rose. I saw the last 5, maybe 6 years of his career. Pete was Charlie Hustle. He lived that persona. He was a player that treated the game on the field with respect. He was a leader. The whole cheating thing with him, he denies, he admits but with a qualifier, then denies again is just, bizarre. But like the alleged(or guilty) PED users, he never hurt me physically or emotionally, thus, no real disappointment.
Agree with you about Mattingly, and to some extent, Rose.
I had more emotional attachment to Mattingly, but that's a whole other thing.

Rose? Never was a huge fan, so never had him up on a pedestal, so when he fell, wasn't disappointed, ... but actually, even with the lies and the gambling, still feel he deserves to be in the HOF.
The other guys on the list, never was a collector of them. Never had "invested" in them, so except for the integrity of the game, don't feel let down or hurt. I say Move Forward! ...
PED usage existed forever in sports, and in baseball. It might take a generation or two before its totally gone. There's too much money in the game, too much money to lose, too many HS & College & AAA, AA, A level players invested their lives, so if there's "an edge" someone will sell it to them and a few will still drink the Koolaide.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-05-2013, 04:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Arriba! Arriba!
Cheaty Rodriguez
LOL
HILARIOUS!!!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Is it really the players or management or is it the way that the fans put "super hero" expectations for the "role models" of baseball - can't help stepping back and remembering that these players and management are simple humans who with all respect will more than likely have an alternative motive for any action they do from money to performance.

So disappointment to me is very low, since I don't expect anything other than an entertaining time when they are on the diamond - don't need to know what goes on before/after the game or anything leading up to the game itself, because when it’s all said and done, it’s just me enjoying the game - the most perfect game in the universe!