`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who disappointed you the most?

RE: Who disappointed you the most?
It should all come back on the leaders of baseball , in the real world BUD would have lost his job long ago...

(08-04-2013, 03:36 PM)dustin12368 Wrote: It should all come back on the leaders of baseball , in the real world BUD would have lost his job long ago...

No kidding, if it was a CEO who let the employees do things like this....maaaan

Have to put MLB at the top of the list, and the owners a close 2nd.

Let them juice!

(08-04-2013, 05:53 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Have to put MLB at the top of the list, and the owners a close 2nd.
I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if the owners and even MLB suggested to players to start juicing to get the fans back into the game after the strike. Who knows where baseball would be if it wasn't for Sosa and McGwire battling for the Hr record.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

This is really a tough question that takes one to another thought level. Myself, from your list, I say Pete Rose was the most disappointing in that when caught, he lied & lied, and then lied some more. I didn't really "like" him when he played for the Reds as an opponent, but I always admired the way he played. I was really let down when he finally fessed-up. As for the roid or PED users.....I was a real muscle head back in the day (but clean) and just looking at players, I knew they were using. How else does a grown man's head increase 3 hat sizes and his feet go from a 10 1/2 to 12 without taking something? Anybody who thinks you can gain 25 lbs in an off season without "juicing", has thier head in the sand. Baseball is a business (entertainment business!!!) and like most for profit businesses, the object is to make money.
Hitting the long ball put folks in the seats, increased revenues, and those revenues were shared by players and owners alike. I was "entertained" (though disgusted at times), but also knew what I was seeing. I take the, it is what it is approch, hopefully they clean it up and we can move on. I think we should be celebrating those who didn't / haven't cheated (Gary Sheffeld, Jim Thome, Frank Thomas, Harper, Trout) and let these losers just fade away. I do think that any and all cheaters who hold records have a 5 star * placed next to it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-04-2013, 12:39 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: Totally agree.
1,000,000 times agree on Selig...

Baseball was on a respirator during his watch after the strike... He had no problems with PED's when they were resuscitating the league and his $20 mill+/year salary post-strike...

McGwire used to keep supplements which contained androstenedione (sp?) on the top shelf of his locker... It was caught a few times in post-game interviews during the homerun chase... to my understanding these were basically steroids minus the injection step. I guess it kicks your body into hyper-testosterone drive instead of simply injecting. At the time, this could be bought directly from GNC or you could buy "supplements" which contained it as they were not "illegal" by the law or baseball. Those supplements are now illegal by both.

I'm sure McGwire injected it as well... but that was some blatant stuff... Selig had no problems with it then. It revitalized the sport after a major lull. He had not problem with it when Barry cranked 70+ and was shattering records... Now he wants to villainize the players?

This weak testing policy should have been introduced 10+ years ago... These players need to be piss tested at least 16 times per year. Hell, when I play softball I end up taking a leak in the bushes at least 1 out of every 10 games. You get paid millions of $, piss in a cup...

Anyway, I'm ranting...

To answer the question, Braun. It was clearly against the rules during his time, he was caught. He drug some poor schlub through the mud to maintain his clean image, and ended up getting popped anyway.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I'll chime in with my rant ..... Totally agree with everyone pointing at Bud!
I'm most disappointed with Selig. He should be fired. He was blind to it for so long and then comes down on them after the fact. Hypocrite!

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Make a definitive list that goes into effect on a specific date. If you took it prior, you have a pass, do-over, mulligan, whatever. Come down hard on future testing, banning, and sanctions. Innocent until proven guilty. We all know who used and who didn't, but the past is behind us, move forward and keep it clean. Guilt by positive testing .... blood, urine and hair sent to 3 independent labs on a rotating basis. Testimony or records from a biogenesis gangster/thug/extortionist doesn't hold water. Etc, etc. too much wasted time dealing with this.
Congressional hearings? WTF ... Why get those lying sacks of poop involved? There should be a MLB medical commissioner in charge of testing policy, they pass suspected positive tests to a MLB tribunal (with 1 management, 1 retired player, 1 retired judge or lawyer ... Something like that) for review of records, appeal by player, and sanction recommendations ... Then pass it to the NEW commissioner.

How long did it take the NFL to enact anti steroidal use policy? Who was in charge? Has it been effective?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was more disappointed that Don Mattingly retired the year before the Yankees got a title. Can't say I'm disappointed in any of the players listed. They did nothing to hurt me. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Rose. I saw the last 5, maybe 6 years of his career. Pete was Charlie Hustle. He lived that persona. He was a player that treated the game on the field with respect. He was a leader. The whole cheating thing with him, he denies, he admits but with a qualifier, then denies again is just, bizarre. But like the alleged(or guilty) PED users, he never hurt me physically or emotionally, thus, no real disappointment.

(08-04-2013, 10:01 AM)jgrunert Wrote: I would have to say that I am most disappointed in Mark McGwire. He was supposed to be the guy that brought the fans back to baseball. While he did do that, it sucks that a baseball hero to so many could hurt their image so bad. Everyone else to me doesn't even come close to that level of disappointment.
I'm from St Louis, McGwire got me back into following baseball. But #1 I have to say A-Rod. We all knew Bonds was juicing due to the size of his neck, and as much as I have always disliked A-Rod(until he became a Yankee, then I forgave him) I had hoped that he was the guy that would pass Bonds on the HR list, and was clean, and while not making up for all of the steroid use, would have at least been the champion of the steriod era and we could have had a clean guy at the top of the HR list. Oh well.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket