`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Era HOF'ers. Discuss

RE: Current Era HOF'ers. Discuss
I'm pretty sure Puig is a lock for the hall.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(08-02-2013, 04:44 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Puig is a lock for the hall.
first unanimous selection ever. and thats if his career ended today

(08-02-2013, 06:02 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: first unanimous selection ever. and thats if his career ended today
Word from an unidentified and unknown source is that his plaque is already to go and is in a storage room at the HOF along with those for Trout and Harper.
The definite players from today I would put in are Pujols, Ichiro, Jeter, and Rivera. I'm not sure why Dunn even has his name in this thread.

(08-02-2013, 06:55 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: The definite players from today I would put in are Pujols, Ichiro, Jeter, and Rivera. I'm not sure why Dunn even has his name in this thread.
+1. Agree with everything. 3 years ago Dunn could have been on this list. No way anyone hitting < .270 is even considered.

I also don't think if he retired today, Roy Halladay makes it because the numbers aren't there. Also no-go on Ortiz.....DH = 1/2 a player IMO, but that's another discussion.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-02-2013, 07:15 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1. Agree with everything. 3 years ago Dunn could have been on this list. No way anyone hitting < .270 is even considered.

I also don't think if he retired today, Roy Halladay makes it because the numbers aren't there. Also no-go on Ortiz.....DH = 1/2 a player IMO, but that's another discussion.
i think position should be accounted for, and if you are the best at that position in your era, you should get in. so i think ortiz should get in eventually - but after edgar martinez

Cant believe I forgot Ichiro....I knew I was missing someone huge.
Pujols. I think if he would've gone down the road and retired a Cardinal would be a complete lock. And I think he still is going to be in. But I dont know if I would put him in the same Category as Mo and Jeter,
If Edgar Martinez had been inducted than Ortiz would have a much better chance. But until the first full time DH gets in, Papi's on the outside looking in.
Cabrera needs 1 or 2 more years. IMO. great player. great numbers. but he's only 30. He should have a good 3-6 years left in him for sure.
I guess even though i have Mauer in a different category than Miggy, I think that they are about at the same spot in their potentially HOF careers. Mauer gets the nod at this point because of him being such a defensive plus. and one of the best offensive contact catchers of this "era"

Another thing to look at. For future reference. At least in my opinion I dont think we will see very many more 200 game winners. The current environment of over aggressive pitcher management will make it difficult for the "next wave" to get any significant numbers in the Win-Loss department as far as starting pitchers go.

Pitchers younger than 30 with more than 100 wins? 1, King Felix
Greinke at 99.

Kershaw at 75 and 25 years old would be the best shot at 200 aside from Hernandez.

Heres my argument for Helton.
Just under 2500 career hits, 350+HR Lifetime Avg of .318 and I think this is bigger than most people realize on top of almost 2500 hits he has more than 1300 Walks as well. along with the Homeruns. and average. I think that he will get in someday, but will not be a instant inductee.

www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios