`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Era HOF'ers. Discuss

Current Era HOF'ers. Discuss
So with all the controversy and hooplah over PED's and the issue with not letting offenders in the HOF heres my personal list of future hall of famers based on what the current voters. There is no "young Players" This is if their career ended today would they be in.

First Ballot.
Mariano Rivera
Derek Jeter.

Theres a bit of a drop off after those two. But there are a few others that fit into this next section.

On the Edge
Adam Dunn
Joe Mauer
Roy Halladay
Albert Pujols

Those 3 players have been dominate for a while. and each have the stats to back up a HOF consideration.

Outside looking in
Miguel Cabrera
Paul Konerko
Andy Pettite (previous offender but a very different story than the others)
Tim Hudson
Carlos Beltran
Todd Helton (could move up into the on the edge)
Yadier Molina
Adrian Beltre

players outside the Top few
Juan Pierre 600+SB
Lance Berkman
David Ortiz DH (possible PED's?) Cant remember about Papi
Torii Hunter (great Player for many years, not sure if he would be on HOF radar though)
CC Sabathia (just hit 200 Wins, 3.57 career ERA, i think he's in at some point.)

What do you think?
Am I missing someone?

www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

RE: Current Era HOF'ers. Discuss
I disagree with Adam Dunn, I don't think he will ever be in.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Pujols isn't a first ballot? He could retire today and be a first ballot IMO. I don't think Dunn is a second tier HOF candidate at all. I would bump Cabrerra up into the likely category. I would agree that Halladay and Mauer are right on the edge, could go either way.

Edit: Big Papi will definitely at least be in the discussion after he retires.

The biggest omission is 1st Ballot: Ichiro Suzuki
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Players I would put on a list of possibles to make in they perform for another 5+ years at a high level:

Cano
Fielder
Utley
Wright
Verlander

i am a yankees fan but i have to say i think ortiz and wright are potential.
#1 looking for YANKEES gu and autos

(08-01-2013, 02:44 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Players I would put on a list of possibles to make in they perform for another 5+ years at a high level:

Cano
Fielder
Utley
Wright
Verlander
I think you may have overlooked that the original poster proposed if the players career ended today, not if they continue playing for years longer as most of the players will. I think all the players you listed have potential to be HOF if they continue playing at their current levels for 5+ years, but the intent of the post was to name players who would get in if their careers ended right now.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

I think that one of the edge guys should be Michael Young. They guy was a total stud playing for the Rangers. I don't see how he doesn't get in. I think Cabrera would get in, maybe not on the first ballot though.

(08-01-2013, 03:23 PM)djohn Wrote: I think you may have overlooked that the original poster proposed if the players career ended today, not if they continue playing for years longer as most of the players will. I think all the players you listed have potential to be HOF if they continue playing at their current levels for 5+ years, but the intent of the post was to name players who would get in if their careers ended right now.
Gotcha, then I would say

Definitely...
Pujols
Jeter
Ichiro
Rivera

Possibly...
Halladay
Ortiz
Cabrera

(08-01-2013, 03:32 PM)jgrunert Wrote: I think that one of the edge guys should be Michael Young. They guy was a total stud playing for the Rangers. I don't see how he doesn't get in. I think Cabrera would get in, maybe not on the first ballot though.
Michael Young is an underrated player. He has been hitting for +0.300 average for 10 years. He probably won't get to 3,000 hits unless he sticks around for 4 more years, which would put him in his early 40s. With that being said, I don't think he gets in right now but he has a chance if he can continue to play well for another few years and at least make it really close to 3k hits. If he had started playing well when he was in his early 20s he would be a lock, but he didn't blossom until the age of 26. If he was on the Yankees or another BIG market team then he would have a better shot, but it will be close when he does retire, and if he were to end his career right now then he wouldn't get in.