`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I CAUGHT A PACK SEARCHER

RE: I CAUGHT A PACK SEARCHER
ive only seen someone doing this once, was an older man maybe in his 50s with a lil scale weighing all the cooperstown packs at target.

Funny thing is panini puts those huge decoy cards in their packs

(07-24-2013, 12:05 PM)rentzington Wrote: ive only seen someone doing this once, was an older man maybe in his 50s with a lil scale weighing all the cooperstown packs at target.

Funny thing is panini puts those huge decoy cards in their packs
And that Cooperstown product sucks. Man, I hope he bought all of them, LOL

RE: I CAUGHT A PACK SEARCHER LMFAO!
(07-24-2013, 12:00 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1. Retail stores should put cards in those semi-locked cabinets like deoderant or razors...would help cut back on the problem.

PS....I like schucking my corn at the store because (1) not having that mess at home and (2) not ending up with a ear of corn that looked like it was on a diet while growing....ie all husk (lol....I do get and understand your point)
I probably would, but the produce section is always so busy that I reach to the bottom of the pile, pick up ones that seem a good size, and get the heck out of there to the relative quiet and safety of the dairy section. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Wow, I just get packs at random and hope for the best. Sometimes I get an instinct from my gut, like when I was deciding to get a pack of Topps 2013 Series 1 or 2 and I decided on the Series 1 and got an autographed card. Still, what just ever happened to buying pack and having fun going through the cards and then giving them to your friends who like the team if you have extra copies of the same card
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

I never by single packs at these stores..they have all been searched, even by the employees..seen it..
And as long as the retailers and/or vendors..(Target and Walmart do not set up or maintain the card section..it is a 3rd party vendor) protect the cards from single pack searching, the issue will remain..people are basically out for themselves..any way to shave the odds in their favor, they will..

When I see them, I usually ask them "searching packs huh?" and they say yeah...and continue on..I then take out a box cutter and slice their jugular vein..sorry..in fantasy land again..
sigh....

(07-24-2013, 12:25 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: When I see them, I usually ask them "searching packs huh?" and they say yeah...and continue on..I then take out a box cutter and slice their jugular vein..sorry..in fantasy land again..
sigh....

LOL +1 for the laugh
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

This subject comes up quite a bit, and I probably should just keep my rant in a file to post every time it does.

But here's a short thing about Target. They DO NOT CARE. I caught a guy several years ago feeling out packs and thumbnailing everything. This guy actually went the step of reaching over and pulling packs toward him, and away from other customers, that he hadn't searched yet. I got all kinds of cheezed off and went to their service desk to talk to the manager. He told me flat out that "As long as they aren't doing any kind of damage to the merchandise, we don't care what the guys do.." Only when I explained how he WAS bending packs and making thumbnail creases in the cards did he go over and watch the guy, ultimately kicking him out.
It didn't end there. I went home and contacted Target's customer service department on the company website. All I got back was a very obvious form letter about "Thank you for your concerns" and "This topic has been discussed in the past" finally ending with "We chose to not take a stance against this" or something to that effect.....

I actually caught a guy once with a scale in a sporting goods store I worked at. When I called him on it, he just bragged about the cool stuff he's pulled doing it, and how much he's made at the flea market selling his hits...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(07-24-2013, 12:42 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: This subject comes up quite a bit, and I probably should just keep my rant in a file to post every time it does.

But here's a short thing about Target. They DO NOT CARE. I caught a guy several years ago feeling out packs and thumbnailing everything. This guy actually went the step of reaching over and pulling packs toward him, and away from other customers, that he hadn't searched yet. I got all kinds of cheezed off and went to their service desk to talk to the manager. He told me flat out that "As long as they aren't doing any kind of damage to the merchandise, we don't care what the guys do.." Only when I explained how he WAS bending packs and making thumbnail creases in the cards did he go over and watch the guy, ultimately kicking him out.
It didn't end there. I went home and contacted Target's customer service department on the company website. All I got back was a very obvious form letter about "Thank you for your concerns" and "This topic has been discussed in the past" finally ending with "We chose to not take a stance against this" or something to that effect.....

I actually caught a guy once with a scale in a sporting goods store I worked at. When I called him on it, he just bragged about the cool stuff he's pulled doing it, and how much he's made at the flea market selling his hits...
That's the other funny thing about searchers ... the majority of retail hits are jerseys, and lame ones at that ... so that pack he searched and bought for $3, he probably "flipped" that Michael Egnew jersey for about $1.50!