`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Football Rookie Cards

RE: Football Rookie Cards
(06-10-2013, 07:50 PM)ugameck Wrote: He asked two questions - i answered part 2.

He also asked for what is "typically deemed as a player's "official" rookie card."

I don't thnk anyone can disagree that Topps base wouldn't be considered THE official rookie card.
He asked if Bowman Chrome is considered the official rookie, but FB didn't have Bowman Chrome last year. It's fine you can answer w/e questions you want, but I read and reacted as if he wanted to know which rc is the biggie everyone goes after. happy trading Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps I should have been a little more clear. Although the responses have been helpful thus far.

From my research and responses in this thread, it sounds like Contenders and National Treasures are the cards that are most sought after because they are higher end cards that typically are #/99 or lower and some of the inserts have low serial # autographs.

Also, looking back at the recent release dates of these sets they seem to come out a few months after the season is over so you already know which rookies are good and therefore people want to target those cards for their collections.

I would be more interested in trying to prospect football cards like some people do for baseball. So, my original question should have been something along the lines of which set contains the rookie cards that most people seek out during the football season when a rookie player is having a breakout week/month/year. Or maybe the specific set doesn't matter as long as it is a rookie card of a player the demand will be there to drive up the price when a player is doing extremely well?
Sets I'm currently building: 2013 Topps 1972 Minis | Chasing History Holofoil Gold

Always looking to trade

(06-11-2013, 05:07 AM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: He asked if Bowman Chrome is considered the official rookie, but FB didn't have Bowman Chrome last year. It's fine you can answer w/e questions you want, but I read and reacted as if he wanted to know which rc is the biggie everyone goes after. happy trading Smile
Oh, yeah, we'll I had too many beers last night and got chippy Wink
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]